Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip report 1/9/09

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 13, 2009 08:27PM
Speaking of illegal moto riders, I went hiking today up near the top of Fairview Mountains which are located in northeast Apple Valley. Its a fantastic place with a great abundance of very scenic rock formations of various size and shapes, with lots of little valleys and terrace areas to explore. I was almost up near the highest point of these mountains, having a great naturist hike in the warm sunshine, when I suddenly heard the whine of motos ( couldn't believe my ears! ). I was up on a ridge and off in the distance about 300 yards away from me I saw two illegal moto riders who had somehow found their way through very rocky terrrain up to that high elevation in the Fairviews. They were way to far away to get a picture. I'm really getting fed up with all of these illegal riding idiots who don't give a damm where they go or what lands they tear up! Anyway I hiked to another location up in the Fairviews were I was to meet my neighbor who was hiking up to meet me to show me another beautiful area of rocks and terraces up there. We came across some rock climbers as we were hiking around and they said that the illegal motos had worked their way down close to them too. My neighbor and I are going to do another hike out there so I can show him where I saw the illegal motos initially near the top, and then we will follow their tracks back down the hill to see where they started up near the flatlands. I'm going to call the BLM and tell them about this intrusion into the heart of the Fairviews since these mountains are on BLM lands. There are currently no illegal moto trails anywhere in those mountains in the higher elevations. There is a projected gigantic development ( Hacienda Project ) that may possibly be going in on the south east edge of the Fairviews which is projected to have over 3,100 homes. With whats going on in the economy I don't think this idiotic sprawl project will ever breakground, since I think we are entering increasingly troubled economic times for the forseable future. If it does get built, Fairview and Granite mountains will be over-run by all the people heading up into those hills seeking outdoor recreation, legal or otherwise, and you can bet that a whole lot of them will have motorcycles!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 1/9/09

lbcalrr 1199January 11, 2009 11:20PM

Paul P. 733January 12, 2009 11:22AM

Steamboat 709January 12, 2009 04:45PM

Rick 707January 12, 2009 08:13PM

Wizard 719January 12, 2009 11:27PM

Rick 712January 13, 2009 04:48AM

Steamboat 730January 13, 2009 08:04PM

Wizard 1263January 13, 2009 08:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login