Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Ranger at the springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 14, 2002 12:23PM
I hit the springs yesterday and had a real nice visit with many regulars. Three Rangers parked at the Route 3 trailhead and came down to the springs at around 12 PM apparently looking for some mountain bike riders they had seen previously seen headed up the PCT down in the area of the Mohave Dam. The pair of riders were actually soaking in the Arizona pool when the rangers indentified them and proceeded to talk to them about not riding their bikes on the PCT. I heard from someone that the riders only got a warning ticket and were told that they could ride their bikes down the Bowen Ranch trail. The rangers also were seeking to identify people with tents who apparently were camping in the area. I never heard if any tickets were handed out. Also heard that some tickets were posted on a couple of cars without adventure passes at the Route 3 trailhead. Since its getting more crowded at the springs I think its a possibility that we may be seeing more rangers this summer. This is the third time I've seen rangers at the springs in all the time I've been going. The creek is very low for this time of year. Already throughout the pools along the creek there is a great deal of waterplants and algae starting to grow. Out in the main pool in the creek in front of the hotpools there are water plants all the way to the surface covering alot of areas. More than I've ever seen before. Much like you might see at the end of a long hot summer. If we don't get any significant rains I wouldn't be suprised to see the whole stream clogged with waterplants this year and maybe see the stream flow basically stop which will make for some pretty stagnant pools along the creek. Well it was another great day a DCHS yesterday and it was good to see so many good freinds down there :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ranger at the springs

Wizard 1190April 14, 2002 12:23PM

Re: Ranger at the springs

Ron 655April 14, 2002 12:38PM

Re: Ranger at the springs

Wizard 1058April 14, 2002 01:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login