Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 11-10 &11-11

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 12, 2008 08:20PM
Sitting at this computer I could not remember my last visit to Deep creek. I believe it was April. That is too long.
I arrived at the freedom trail @ 4:30pm. The sun sat in the sky @ 5:00. As I got out of my truck 2 coyotes began barking in unison. As I packed my back pack I listened to them, I wondered what they were saying to each other. Language is the poetry of the spirit.
As I neared Mofo hill 2 nude women 20 somethings were climbing up the trail. They were both very pretty and tattooed. They wore only the smiles on their faces. When I got to the springs about 4 couples were packing up to go home.
That left me and a Japanese gentleman Named Yoshii at the springs by ourselves. Yoshii said he was a regular to the springs last year but, had only been there 4 times this year. Yes , he said he paid Castro to park there. He showed me his large bag of trash that he usually carried out. I could only find 3 water bottles a beer can and @ 20 cigarette butts to put in my trash bag before it got dark. Yoshii left with the sun, leaving me at the springs by my self. I checked and found the hose and pipe system used to clean the bottom of the womb pool. When I looked at the bottom of the womb pool it was clear but thick with mud and dead algae. There was no doubt it needed cleaning. I found a pair of expensive sun glasses and a tent bag there. The last time I cleaned the bottom I found a flash light with extra batteries.
As I put on my head lamp flash light on my head to camp up at my truck I spotted 3 sets of eyes looking my direction. I had my large 4 d cell, 3 watt halogen mag lite flash light in my hand. I admired the greenish blue color of their beautiful eyes. I wondered what they were. I aimed my large flash light in their direction. I was about 20 yards below the Pacific crest trail. These animals were @ 20 Yards above the trail. Rapidly I ran up the hill in hopes of a glimpse to see what they were. I saw one set of eyes turn from me heading up hill quickly the eyes on the right side of this group went off to the right. I was able to get a glimpse of the bob cat that remained. He sped up hill very quickly as he saw my pace and flash light almost blinding anything in sight. I paused to observe their feline foot prints.
I climbed a large boulder and watched the moon rise graciously.
When I got back to climb mofo hill I saw the largest frog I have ever seen at d.c.h.s. I took a picture to remember him by. He was eager to hide in the bushes, he seemed to move in slow motion. The air temps were in the low 60,s.
As I climbed the hill I noticed a large amount of chock cherries. Another name for them is holly bush berries they are at maximum ripeness possible. I have seen natives make jelly out of them. They are very tart.
I considered buying a camper for my truck as the wind blew all night long.
I spotted a large burning meteor flash through the sky. It lasted at least 5 seconds and changed from blue to green to gold. Traveling from the north west toward Big Bear lake.
Coyotes sang me to sleep.
I will have to finish this later as I have some nice friends at my door , who want to know how California was ?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 11-10 &11-11

jobe 1040November 12, 2008 08:20PM

Re: Trip Report 11-10 &11-11

Wizard 678November 12, 2008 10:35PM

jobe 653November 13, 2008 03:09PM

Gregor 629November 20, 2008 02:05PM

Paul P. 1212November 20, 2008 05:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login