Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: SC79

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 22, 2008 09:40PM
The fact that I ( or anyone else for that matter ) point out in content ( articles and commentary ) the magnitude of dire developments now imposing its various repercussions on humanity does not inherently in any way imply that that the person who might make such observations, or would offer evidence of these trends, is not interested in finding solutions to such grave problems. I have people I care for Paul, and I live in this world too. The powers that be across this planet will seek to continue down the same path and continue the current system/paradigm that has to date brought them such wealth and power. This approach is a dead end road and a huge mistake in my opinion. Capitalism, and the intracacies of these systems utilized by the world's elites depend entirely on infinite growth, and on mass exploitation of resources and peoples. The world is finite and this system is doomed to failure and the downfall will be much worse this time around since humanity has affected so much of the planet in very degrading ways in the last few hundred years. The information I share is meant as a warning, things to consider about the negative trends humanity is precipitating. I think the best thing you can do for yourself, and your loved ones is to make your self as self-sustainable as you possibly can because our goverment, and the super powerful, and obscenely rich that run things behind the scenes absolutely do not have our best interest at heart. They will continue to decieve us and take advantage of us without conscience, as can be seen clearly in the handling of the current economic fiasco. The more independent you can be, the better off you and your family will be. As the world situation devolves of course even those who have prepared for such things in great ernest can and will be over-run and overwhelmed by the vast scope of massive changes that are coming for all of us. Humankind will seek solutions to the great looming problems like peak resources, climate change, water scarcity, overpopulation, decimated ecosystems, pollution on a world wide scale, the realities of war and genocide, and on and on, but their ideas have shown clearly that they are continueing to try to preserve the current paradigm, and don't recognize the utter un-sustainability of their greater ways and ideas. The capitialist system based on infinite growth is going to have to decline greatly, even collapse, to bring human masses down to a greatly reduced number that could, given a sensible system, be maintained for the long term without destroying the earth's life support systems in the process. The natural limits of our finite biosphere will show clearly soon enough just what a house of cards, what an un-sustainable situation humanity has made for itself. I think its quite likely that this era of decline could get very gruesome on a mass scale, given the nature and manner of the human species. The troubles we see happening even now are the beginnings of this process of a reckoning thats been inevitable, given the ways humanity has ruptured the integrity of that which in truth makes our life possible, our biosphere, which makes our economies possible, feeds us, gives us a vast array of protections from atmosphere to shelter, and provides for the many other things we have enjoyed. So in terms of solutions, if humanity can't even stop, let alone address in a concrete and reasonable manner the biggest issue facing us ( in my opinion ), that being overpopulation, then what would give any reasonable person confidence that all of the other problems can be solved, those which derive from the fact that there are already too many people for the earth's biosphere to sustain, with all these masses using too many resources than Earth can provide. I'm about reasonable solutions, ones that will actually work, and ones that carry as a very important part of their construct content which will allow that all human beings should be treated fairly, and with compassion. But what we have now is a case of lots and lots of solutions to our problems that are not sensible in any fashion, solutions that are designed to advantage one set of people, to the disadvantage of others. And that unfortunately is in greater measure, how it has always been. So as ecosystem breakdown gets more dire, as earths vital resources go into depletion curves because of our mass proliferation of masses across the earth, do you really think Paul that the human condition will become more fair, more thoughtful, more wise? No, the veneer of civility and societal organization that recent times of large scale plenty have brought us will tatter and fray and slowly melt away as people find their quality of life declining precipitously. Just because someone feels " optimistic " and offers up " solutions " does not mean that any of the positive sentiment, or their purported " solutions " are merited, or will solve anything. For example people felt postive about Biofuels, and related to this proposed that Ethanol would be a " Big Fix " that would solve our our growing energy problems. These people are wrong, since we now see that the realities of producing Ethanol have produced more problems that go far beyond any benifits of it ( including all biofuels ) as a comprehensive solution to the problem of worldwide oil depletion. There are all kinds of Faux Solutions floating around, and there is no reason to give them any credit, or feel positve about them if they make no sense, and have no real chance of solving the problem the solution is supposed to be addressing. In my opinion, what we are seeing out in the real world is alot of chasing, and the promoting of solutions to greater humanities problems that have no sensible basis, solutions that will not work to provide us with a sustainable, safe, fair, sensible, ect future for all of us to live in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SC79

Wizard 1408October 13, 2008 11:32AM

Wizard 815October 13, 2008 01:14PM

Wizard 792October 14, 2008 12:18PM

Wizard 740October 14, 2008 12:47PM

Wizard 949October 16, 2008 10:02PM

Rudedog 828October 17, 2008 06:33PM

Rick 740October 17, 2008 09:14PM

Wizard 797October 17, 2008 10:57PM

Wizard 741October 21, 2008 09:58PM

Rick 813October 22, 2008 12:01AM

mojavegreen 768October 22, 2008 09:02AM

Paul P. 778October 22, 2008 08:23AM

Paul P. 798October 22, 2008 12:07PM

Wizard 1363October 22, 2008 04:21PM

Wizard 1081October 22, 2008 09:40PM

Wizard 1369October 23, 2008 09:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login