Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hotsprings Store

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 14, 2002 09:30AM
Katrina,

I've been coming to Deep Creek for 4 seasons now and am somewhat familiar with the Mike Castro/DCHS, Inc situation.

Does DCHS, Inc actually own the building or is this still in legal dispute? Clear the air here.

Frankly, from what I've heard from one 'regular' DCHS, Inc advocate at the Springs, the allegations about Mike are exaggerated to the point of lacking credibility. While there may be elements of his story that are fact-based, I can plainly see an inordinate amount of emotionalism, too. This seems to apply to many of the anti-Mike Castro posts here in the forum as well.

Explain why you think a "legal fund to protect our access rights" is necessary; why you think "road improvements for JF3 and JF4" are necessary, and why you would be in favor of future construction and public facilities?

Another writer in the forum stated (and I agree) that ANY (major) improvments to the roads, facilities, or trails would be a DETRIMENT to the Springs as a whole. Better access = Bringing the city closer.

So, that begs the question, "What does DCHS, Inc hope to accomplish with regard to Mike Castro/Bowen Ranch/Deep Creek?" This breaks down to three separate and DISTINCT issues, it occurs to me; Civil/Penal Code violations for Mr Castro, ownership issues of Bowen Ranch and buildings, and access and road improvements to Deep Creek. Posts in this forum appear to mix the 3 issues into one emotional grab bad and loses credibility immediately.

While finding out the details of these issues would be interesting, it certainly would NOT have any effect on my intention to continue to return to Deep Creek and enjoy the Springs - one way [route] or another.

But, the LAST thing I want to see are road improvements [paving, etc] to make it easier to get to the Springs. In my opinion, that would absolutely RUIN the Springs. So far as the Bowen Ranch buildings are concerned, I would consider it offensive to arrive at the Ranch to find it commercialized with a "store" and new [higher, no doubt] fees to park. Public facilities? What did you have in mind there? Bathrooms? Showers? Who will build them? The BLM? You're going to invite the BLM into the picture to make these improvements?

So, what IS DCHS, Inc's motive here? And who does it represent?

Katrina, I'm no lawyer, but I'd caution you about making public statements of allegations of illegalites by individuals. You COULD be doing something illegal yourself there [slander] and find yourself in another legal battle that could have been avoided had you used a bit of restraint. It's another indicator that emotions are running high on this issue.

Best regards
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hotsprings Store

katrina 1159April 12, 2002 08:16PM

Nevada Naturist 586April 13, 2002 05:48PM

katrina 657April 13, 2002 08:54PM

Naked Man 565April 14, 2002 09:30AM

Wizard 1058April 14, 2002 10:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login