Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 2-23-2021 Tuesday

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 24, 2021 07:55AM
I got to the Deep Creek campground just after 11 o'clock. There were about 20 people camping in the parking area. I thought it would be a quiet day? NOT. The smell of bacon and eggs was in the air.
As I got to the Mofo hill, which is the last big hill before descending down to the creek, I meet an angel. Or rather, a young woman named Angel. She was hiking in the nude. I told her it was both legal and accepted to hike nude here. So she quit trying to cover herself. She said she was from San Diego and it was her first time here.
When we got to the creek there were about 40 persons. All were nude, except a few women had shorts or more accurately g-strings on. I could tell by this I was among my own people and it was going 2 B a very nice day. There were 4 people with trash bags picking up any trash they could find. Another good sign.
I had visited on Sunday and there were more than 100 people at the springs, perhaps 150. So I left early. I noticed the Womb pool was clouded with dead algae. It was too crowded to do anything about this. So I made this trip to remedy the dead algae situation.
The creek water near the beach where the most cross was 52 degrees. Eight feet upstream from the Phoenix pool the temp was 47 degrees. The creek was less than 2 feet deep at the point where most cross.
All temperatures are from the center of the pools and near the surface.
The Phoenix pool was 104 degrees. This pool was cristal clear and aquamarine. A truly good soak.
The Anniversary pool was 104 degrees also.
The Womb pool was 98 degrees. And as clean as I could manage. Thanks to all who helped.
The Serenity pool was 107 degrees.
The Crab Cooker pool was 113 degrees. The sun was shining while I soaked there.
The Contemplation pool was 85 degrees. Warmer than expected. Possibly because of the Angel soaking there.
Jason and Howard were the 2 regulars who were as happy as could be this day self-included.
Another classic soaking day at my favorite soaking destination. Be safe and PARTY ON!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 2-23-2021 Tuesday

jobe1671February 24, 2021 07:55AM

Re: Trip report 2-23-2021 Tuesday

Paul P.831February 25, 2021 09:06AM

jobe832February 25, 2021 11:33AM

Worldsforgottenboy883March 02, 2021 03:04PM

jobe1076March 04, 2021 02:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login