Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Any recent trip reports?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 14, 2008 11:57AM
I've visited Deep Creek quite a few times over this summer, frequenting some quiet and scenic places I like to spend time at. The last time I went to DCHS was on 6-11 of this year. These days I'm seeking outdoor experiences to places ( Deep Creek, Granite Mountains, etc ) untarnished/unaffected by the the destructive and inconsiderate acts of individuals who show by their actions that taking good care of natural outdoor settings is something they care essentially nothing about achieving. DCHS is such a beautiful and unique spot on Deep Creek, and its a shame that the negative impacts on it are increasing over time, in my opinion. With the US economy experiencing serious problems I'm sure the budget for the USFS is being increasingly constrained. They will be using what resources they have to concentrate on the highest priority items, and I doubt that DCHS is very high on this list. The economic woes may decrease visitation to DCHS due to the cost of doing the trip, resources needed, etc, and this would be a postivie development for the well being of these special springs. People for the most part just do what they want down there ( many times negative acts ), and I have no interest in argueing with them about the degrading things they do down there like I have done many times in previous years. Thanks of course to all of those caring individual and groups of visitors who do what they can to keep DCHS in a better condition. I will still be visiting DCHS, mostly in the cooler months, and in most cases on weekdays to try and avoid the problem characters/groups. The comments or questions I get sent from the DCV website ( as Ralph has set it up ) are more common in the summer time. The questions are generally from people who have not visited DCHS yet. Overall, the comments from DCV, and various accountings of visits to DCHS I have heard from others, have tended to be on a negative trend in the last couple of years. These developments are akin to the vastly increased proliferation of illegal motorcylce trails in the last couple of years in the area near DCHS, on the northern side of the Deep Creek Canyon. Its like a friggin ORV Park out there, and I see or hear illegal moto riders practically everytime I go now. On my last visit to Deep Creek a couple of weeks ago with my family I came across three illegal riders coming up the hills out of the Deep Creek canyon. I got a couple of photos of them but they were a good ways off ( photos not very clear ). I've heard the cattle will be ranging in some areas off the Bowen Ranch Rd fairly soon. I know for a fact that there are open holes in the current fences such that these cattle could ( as it stands right now ) make it all the way to Deep Creek in their travels. I will be reporting any cattle I see down in the canyon if I see them, or evidence of them being down there. Deep Creek is so scenic all along its length, and thankfully there are still plenty of great places there to take in Mother Natures Wonders that are still in pristine condition :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Any recent trip reports?

MValley 1346June 07, 2008 10:52AM

LaughingBear 786June 07, 2008 11:33AM

Rick 968October 13, 2008 09:13PM

AtrocityConnects 1003June 07, 2008 09:29PM

Wizard 852June 08, 2008 10:40AM

LaughingBear 763June 08, 2008 04:59PM

AtrocityConnects 841June 13, 2008 04:27PM

Talon 685August 20, 2008 12:53AM

Wizard 731August 20, 2008 03:49PM

Rick 794August 20, 2008 04:51PM

Wizard 1507August 20, 2008 05:12PM

Wizard 727October 13, 2008 09:37PM

Rick 761October 13, 2008 09:52PM

Wizard 741October 14, 2008 11:57AM

Wizard 720October 14, 2008 12:05PM

Rick 1321October 14, 2008 08:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login