All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 08, 2002 08:37PM
Ron, I,ve seen people camped at the JF3 trailhead a number of times. I would think that its far enough away from the creek. If you wanted to find out for sure best to call up the ranger station that covers that area. One very important thing is to be very careful about doing any campfires. Be sure to consult the local Forestry about the rules for having campfires. Its so easy for a spark to start nearby grass and things are very dry already this year. Don, the Deep Creek Canyon anywhere near the springs is designated as day use only. That would include areas along the PCT in this area. The Bradford Ridge trail in its first mile and a half or so is outside this day use zone. I have camped along it before. Since it is pretty hard for your average person to determine if they are a mile from the creek at any given place I think the Forestry would basically not ever bother you if you were well up out of the canyon and not doing anything dangerous. If you hike in from the Bradford Ridge trail after about 20 minutes of hiking the trail comes to a high point. At this high point I cut to the east up a easy hill and within a couple hundred yards you will come to the top of a ridge. Just to the east of this ridge are some little canyons with flat sandy bottoms that I've camped at before.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

camping

keepitclean 1070April 04, 2002 01:09PM

Re: camping

Paul P. 555April 04, 2002 09:26PM

Don 570April 07, 2002 04:57PM

Wizard 712April 04, 2002 09:32PM

katrina 582April 08, 2002 12:32PM

Ron 581April 08, 2002 06:28PM

Wizard 1004April 08, 2002 08:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login