All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 12, 2008 01:06PM
I was at Deep Creek over the weekend (Saturday): glorious. Over the few recent years that I've lived in LA, I have visited the springs about 5 or 6 times. Wish I were closer. I'm posting because I was wondering about better ways of getting to Bowen Ranch. Like a lot of new visitors or infrequent ones, I have directions from various online sources. Most offer the following directions: You take Bear Valley to Central to Ocotillo to Bowen Ranch Road. For anyone reading this post who is thinking of going for the first time, one change should be noted: there is no longer a stop sign at Bear Valley and Central, the first turn off: this is what most online directions still state. (I missed the turn for the first time this past weekend.) However I also encountered this weekend the "detour", with Central closed before it reaches Ocotillo, and part of Ocotillo closed too. For someone not familiar with the area, it is a bit stressful. I wasn't the only person I spoke to at the springs who, not being from the area, chose to drive the "closed" roads, since their ripped up condition seemed not any worse than Bowen Ranch road itself. But again, a little stressful. Is there a clear better way to arrive or go for those not familiar with local roads? Any idea when Central and Ocotillo will be opened again?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Getting to DCHS

neogeo 1250May 12, 2008 01:06PM

Re: Getting to DCHS

LaughingBear 825May 12, 2008 06:13PM

Re: Getting to DCHS

Rick 1291May 12, 2008 08:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login