Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Photos - Deep Creek and Granite Mountains

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 12, 2008 07:22PM
Hello Laughing Bear :-) Since the last time we called Code Enforcement about their illegal activities around Xmas and New Years day, we have had no more problems with them since supprisingly enough. I hope this good trend continues. There is also a peice of property two lots to the south of us that was frequented a few times a year by people who are riders. These people in most cases would ride from that property out to the open desert areas and not around the neighbor hood. A man who owned that property ( who was the uncle of the people who did the riding ) died a while back and since then the riding was becoming much more frequent, and the amount of riders has increased. Some of these riders were riding on an oval track on this property. It is illegal for any of those riders to ride the public dirt roads in our area, even to get to where they ride out in the desert. One day a few of the riders were riding incessantly around that oval track. We live in kind of a bowl against the mountains and their bikes ( one of them especially loud ) were echoing off the mountains and back to our residence. After many hours of that I had had enough and called Code Enforcement, who then the next day sent out one of their personel to talk with the riders about their illegal activities. There was no riding at all the next day or since. I saw a vehicle with bikes loaded on it over there last weekend but they did no riding on the property or in the neighbor hood.
Had another incident of three young men riding on a hill just south of our house ( on private property that did not belong to them ) and racing up and down the dirt road in front of our house at high speed. My neighbors wife went over and talked to them, and told them that she would call Code Enforcement if they didn't stop riding the roads and the private property. I did not know my neighbor had talked to them when I went over and found them. They said they didn't care whether it was illegal or not and would leave when they felt like it. I took pictures of them and their bikes and a couple of gals that were with them. The one young man then got very beligerant and showed signs that he might attack me. I told him go ahead, you will be going to jail. He blustered about for a bit more. Then I told them I was going to call Code Enforcement walking towards my vehicle, then the three riders and the two gals hit the road. Haven't seen them around here since. The one young mans behaviour is typical of the manner and beligerance of the type of illegal riders who are making a nuisance of themselves and doing damage in many areas of the county. I know that the riding and illegal trails up along the northside of the Deep Creek canyon in areas around the Bowen Ranch is just hideous in its scope, and it goes also from Deep Creek Rd all the way to Luna Canyon ( beyond that too I'm sure ). These illegal riders are a scourge on the public lands, like a bunch of locust. Thank goodness the Deep Creek canyon is very steep in most areas and has many places along its length they cannot possibly get too and its spots like that where I spend precious time with nature at that beautiful creek environment, far away from the noisy and careless moto invaders.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Photos - Deep Creek and Granite Mountains

Wizard 1195May 11, 2008 12:11PM

LaughingBear 789May 12, 2008 06:15PM

Wizard 679May 12, 2008 07:22PM

LaughingBear 1200May 12, 2008 10:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login