Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Swastika REMOVED and Flash Flooding

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 18, 2019 03:33PM
Got in at 7am, very windy and light rain seemed like it was clearing up. Hiked down with some goo-off, scrubbers and rags to soak up any runoff. Found the swastika rock, you will see the before and after in the picture below. It was made using a very difficult to remove, bronze metallic spray paint. There is a lot of graffiti in that zone, I started to remove some but I wanted to focus on the swastika and then work on some of the stuff that is down by the springs.

I got down to the springs around 9am, rain was starting to pick up and I realized that there was no way I could cross the creek because the waters were raging. Nobody in sight. Couldn't get to the rock by the rope swing with all the graffiti and seemed like the creek level was still rising. So I decided to hike back, drive around and hike in through bradford. Was really cool to see the waterfall near the beginning of the hike totally full. When I got there I picked up some small trash items and worked on the graffiti on one of the rocks between contemplation pool and hot springs marsh. Around 3pm, 4 young guys showed up from bradford who were visiting from the bay area. Was hoping to have the place to myself and I had drained the anniversary pool and tried to scrub a bit, but filled it back up for them since it was the only accessible pool. Hiked out around 3:45pm and near the end I saw a huge rainbow. I have to say I love the colors of the desert landscape when everything is wet. Here are some pictures of the womb and creek bend where the phoenix pool was impossible to see. Could this level of flooding damage the phoenix pool again as well as other pools?

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Swastika REMOVED and Flash Flooding

paulespo1420January 18, 2019 03:33PM

Re: Swastika REMOVED and Flash Flooding

Wizard696January 18, 2019 04:12PM

Wizard671January 18, 2019 08:06PM

paulespo704January 19, 2019 10:26AM

neogeo612January 19, 2019 10:29AM

Wizard678January 19, 2019 09:59PM

LBNguyen715January 23, 2019 10:52AM

paulespo780January 23, 2019 03:02PM

LBNguyen619January 23, 2019 03:15PM

Wizard989January 23, 2019 04:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login