Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

WARNING: Road to Freedom trail dangerous !

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 16, 2018 12:08PM
Saturday while going to the Freedom trail I saw a red tail hawk lifting a 2 plus foot long snake into the air. I reached for my camera so fast I broke the charging cable. Some kind of sign of how the day could be, I thought.
On my way in I saw 2 Women from NEW YORK CITY get stuck in the mud. A rental car of course. I pulled them out of course.
Then as I got to the bottom of the first hill going to the springs. I heard 4 girls from L.A. yelling for help. I ended up spending the rest of the day trying to get them unstuck. They had gone down a hill too steep to climb out. And were stuck behind some boulders.
So my message is this : The road has been washed out in many places. The ruts are larger than before. Water puddles are still in the road. Some of the steep hills are worse than before. Sandy spots are mud puddles that look like sand pits.
If you do not have a high clearance and good driving skills. Park at the Bowen ranch or park at the Bradford ridge.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

WARNING: Road to Freedom trail dangerous !

jobe2208July 16, 2018 12:08PM

Re: WARNING: Road to Freedom trail dangerous !

mdskibum864August 03, 2018 12:09AM

anleu1985August 04, 2018 04:32PM

mdskibum789August 28, 2018 04:08AM

paulespo962December 03, 2018 10:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login