All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 17, 2008 05:41PM
Last September I was heading down the BRT "Bowen Ranch Trail" and saw three riders. Two adults and a younger child 10 to 14, just open the gate from the Fire Road and ride in and onto the trail. I told them that it was off limits to ORV and that they needed to leave or I would report them to the USFS. They gave me a hard time as I pulled out my Garmin Rino GPS with two way radio, but ended up turning around. As an added bonus to my bluff one of the Adults fell over on a rock. Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh under my breath.

I am an avid hiker and nature lover. I'm also a dirt bike rider and 4x4 lover, but my friends and I respect the posted signs. I don't know about other's but it really upsets me when I think about how people just don't care and think that other's will fix everything for them. The world/nature is an ever changing thing. We have to take care of it so it will stay the same. Well not stay the same but the way nature is supposed to be. ( I can't stop the rain from eroding a hillside that has been doing so for a 1,000 years ) People really need to stop and think about the future. *My 2 cents*
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report

Steamboat 1059January 15, 2008 04:28PM

Re: Trip Report

Wizard 1184January 15, 2008 08:58PM

Re: Trip Report

AtrocityConnects 1104January 17, 2008 05:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login