Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Illegal ORV Riding

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 01, 2008 03:41PM
The ORV code enforcement guy for the Victor Valley is Klein Smith. He came out yesterday and had a talk with the illegal ORV riders coming from the house across the street from us. After he got through with them I managed to get out and flag him down and had a 15 minute talke with him about the illegal riding by our neighbors. He said it is not legal for them to be on the dirt roads ( county roads ) in our neighbor hood, nor on any of the private property unless they are carring on their person while riding specific permission to ride on the private property they are on. I don't think our neighbors have permission to ride on any private property in our area, and for sure not on the lot behind our home. The talk with Mr Smith went well, and I thanked him for his help in this matter.
However, the very same day ( yesterday ) that Mr Klein had his talk with our errant neighbors, the " man of the house " was back in his quad, riding from their property out into the street and back, in an obvious attempt to antagonize my neighbors who live just across the street from them. Then last night at midnight the neighbors came out with thier quad and bikes and breifly did donuts at the entrance to our driveway. I called in another complaint to Mr Smith, telling him that my irresponsible neighbors were back on the roads again with their bikes. I'm sure Mr Smith will be pleased with our neighbors compliance with his directions for them to ride legally and keep their ORV's off our neighborhood streeets. What an arrogant and imature bunch they are, and they are really teaching their kids some great lessons on how to harrass their neighbors, and that even though their bike riding in our neighborhood is illegal, hey " don't worry about it, just do it anyway kiddies, well support you in your illegal behavior all the way "! Well my " good " neighbor and I arn't about to let these people turn our neighborhood into these illegal ORV riders personal motocross course. We will be collecting evidence of their activities, and submitting it to the ORV Enforcment officer. Also another incident of interest regarding this issue, my neighbor said that on the day before New Years Day, a lady on a horse came up to the front of our offending neighbors house, and had a heated verbal discussion with the parents and other people there. I'll bet their riding in the neighborhood was behind it. They probably scared the ladies horse, either on the road while she was riding, or perhaps at the ladies property. Maybe our offensive neighbors will wake up one day, and realize that they are not in elementary school anymore, and decide to act like adults, but I'm not counting on it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Illegal ORV Riding

Wizard 1024December 27, 2007 08:45PM

Paul P. 750December 28, 2007 06:51AM

LaughingBear 918December 28, 2007 03:20PM

Wizard 754December 28, 2007 07:33PM

Wizard 604January 01, 2008 03:41PM

Penalties?

jobe 668January 01, 2008 06:48PM

Paul P. 823January 01, 2008 07:00PM

LaughingBear 771January 01, 2008 07:12PM

Wizard 1233January 01, 2008 07:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login