All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 27, 2007 08:45PM
Well after having an un-expected peace from excessive ORV riding around our homestead over the summer and fall, the noisy illegal ORV riding by our neighbors kids has returned in ernest, beginning just before Xmas. I had been cautiously optimistic that our troubles with these folks had maybe, just maybe been resolved. But alas they are back to their obnoxious noisy and dusty pastime of riding illegally on the public roads around our residence, and today ( the straw that broke the camels back ) they rode into a private lot just behind our home. I really get the impression they have been trying to taunt me to do something the last few days because of their in-cessant riding, all through the day. When I saw the young riders in the back lot, I went out and told the little offenders that they needed to get off the private property. One of them stalled his bike after seeing me as he was turning around. Anyway I went over to talk to " the man of the house " at the offenders residence. To put it succintly, he clearly didn't care that his kids were ticking off the neighbors. He didn't care that his kids were riding illegally on private property. He didn't care that they were riding illegally on public dirt roads. When I asked about these subjects, he evaded any clear answer on why his kids where doing these illegal things. Eventually it was evident that there was no point having any further discussion with this individual. I went home and called Code Enforcment, who wrote out two complaints, one for the illegal riding on private property, and one for the illegal riding on public roads. My neighbor also called in a complaint to Code Enforcement for the same purpose. He un-fortunately lives directly across from the offenders residence. The kid riders also like to play with their paint bullet guns, and have launched some over to our place. My wife one day had to go over and have a talk with them, telling them to think of our home as Switzerland, a no war zone :-) My neighbor unfortately has had numerous strikes by these kids paint guns. Anyway, the ORV code enforement guy is supposed to get in contact with the offenders soon, and he's supposed to get back to me about what happened regarding his contact with them. I want to find our from him just exactly what are me and my neighbors options in addressing this situation. Dang, just when I thought we had solved this problem.
Also two homes south of us is a little shack of a house, where it used to be a few times a year some people that are ORV riders would come up from Los Angeles to spend a few days staying at the residence ( which elsewise is empty ) to do some riding. Well it used to be owned by an older gentlemen who is the uncle of the riders. The uncle recently passed away and now the riders are showing up more frequently, and for longer periods. Great, we are surrounded my ORV riders! Fortunately those riders for the most part head out to open desert areas to do their riding so we mostly only hear them when the leave and when they return. Wish the other offenders would do the same. We told them that we would be ok with that but they had no interest in any such compromise. Well we shall see if " the lawman " can do anything for us :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Illegal ORV Riding

Wizard 1025December 27, 2007 08:45PM

Re: Illegal ORV Riding

Paul P. 751December 28, 2007 06:51AM

LaughingBear 918December 28, 2007 03:20PM

Wizard 755December 28, 2007 07:33PM

Wizard 605January 01, 2008 03:41PM

Penalties?

jobe 670January 01, 2008 06:48PM

Paul P. 824January 01, 2008 07:00PM

LaughingBear 771January 01, 2008 07:12PM

Wizard 1236January 01, 2008 07:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login