Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 3-23-18 pools flooded !

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 23, 2018 09:53PM
I arrived at the freedom trailhead at 11 am today.
That is right I am back from Florida 😁 YEAH !
I fixed and ate lunch until 12 . As I was getting ready to go to the spring 2 couples began meandering around in the parking lot. I began to ask if the needed help. By the time I started to ask they headed down the trail head to the springs. So I cleaned upfor about 15 minuets to give them time to get ahead of me so I could hike by myself. When I got down the first big hill they were only at the bottom of the hill. I asked them if they were lost? They said they were enjoying the beauty of this excellent, beautiful place. Which way ?
It took only a little extra time to help them to the proper trails. As I got to the Bowen ranch trail another couple were leaving. I asked them how high was the creek ? They were first timers about my age. They said you have to swim across the creek and there were a lot of people there.
When we arrived at the beach the water was not too swift but it was over six feet deep just down stream where it was knee deep last week. The water temp was warmer than last Sunday when I was there last. Last Sunday the water temp was in the high 30's now it is in the mid 40's. Pineapple express thank you. Everyone at the pools were in there 20' and 30's and NO regulars.
So I only stayed about 1 hour and went back to my camp.
Glad to be back and help 😙

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2018 10:24PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 3-23-18 pools flooded !

jobe1378March 23, 2018 09:53PM

Re: Trip report 3-23-18 pools flooded !

Wizard1105March 23, 2018 10:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login