Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Discussion with Brad Burns

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 28, 2007 10:48AM
Brad Burns, USFS Enforcement Ranger for the DCHS area called me back yesterday in reference to an e-mail I sent him about the illegal ORV activity in the area generally north of DCHS. He told me that he has forwarded my information to one of his personel, Greg Hoffman who handles this sort of matter. Anyone seeing illegal ORV activity around DCHS, and the area in general should try to get any photos or the numbers of the ORV registration if possible, and report this activity to the Sky Forest Ranger Station.
I also talked to Brad about what I had heard about, that Scott had fired off a flare gun down at DCHS and started a fire on the hillside. Brad informed me that they had heard about the incident not long after it happened, and that Brad and another ranger went down to DCHS, and happened to find Scott there, asked him about the report they had heard, and Scott admitted responsibility for shooting off the flare gun. Scott happened to have the flare gun and Brad said they cited Scott and took the flare gun. Scott appeared in court on the matter and pled guilty. Brad said that after the court case was settled, that they offered the flare gun back to Scott but he said he didn't want it anymore.
Brad also told me about another crazy thing that is going on in relation to DCHS. Some guy was down at the springs, and was around the hotpools when he fell into one of them, going completely under water, submerging his head. He hurt himself a little bit, and on his way back to his car at the Bowen Ranch, he passed the signs warning about the Amoeba that could be found in the hotpools at DCHS. This guy then proceeded to sue the USFS, saying that they should have had signs down at the hotsprings warning that the Amoeba can be in the hotpools. He was tested for any signs of trouble ( like infection with anything from the hotpools ) and was found to be fine except for his minor injury from falling into the pools. He is sueing for the USFS to pay his medical bills and any money he is out to resolve his situation of getting injured at DCHS. Brad said that because of this case, now they will have to put signs at DCHS to tell visitors of the possible Amoeba threat. Brad didn't indicate just where the signs would be going, but really didn't like the idea of haveing more signs down there. He knows they can detract from people's experience, but unfortunately because of this individuals lawsuit, they have no choice. Its unbelievable, what a jerk, just typical bull in our over-litigated world. Next thing you know someone is going to sue because there are no signs at DCHS saying " Rocks Slippery When Wet ". Its just ridiculous! I hope the USFS won't have to put the Amoeba signs right next to the hotpools, that would really be a detraction from the general ourdoor atmosphere that is so enjoyable about DCHS.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Discussion with Brad Burns

Wizard 1165November 28, 2007 10:48AM

Re: Discussion with Brad Burns

LaughingBear 733November 28, 2007 12:17PM

Wizard 721November 28, 2007 04:37PM

Wizard 670November 29, 2007 09:40AM

Paul P. 662November 29, 2007 11:27AM

jobe 778December 14, 2007 03:30PM

katrina island 1307December 15, 2007 08:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login