Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Question, Is the forest STILL closed?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 05, 2007 06:31PM
Speaking of muddy times at DCHS, if you go down to the link below here at the Forum named, " More hot springs pictures ", then go to " Wizard " near the bottom of that page you will find 7 pages of photos. If you go to page 4, photo 7 shows Black Mud People standing on the Granite Island by the hotpools. Page 5, second to last photo shows what the DCHS Lagoon looked like on the very day the big flash flood ( August, 2000 ) brought down the ash and soot from the Willow Fire which had burned the summer before. This particular photo was taken about a half hour after the flood hit, and check out the weird foam all over the surface of the Lagoon which looks like some kind of lava flow. I was just getting ready to leave DCHS when the flood hit and I finally ended up having to swim across the inky black flood waters to get across Deep Creek to hike out. I was a dirty mess when I got out of the dirty waters, and having no clean water to wash up with, I just hiked out with my mud bath coating :-) On page 6, second photo to the last shows my friend Abe Perlstien standing in the Arizona pool, which had just been completely filled in with sand and mud which ran off the hillsides after a massive downpour. We had just reached DCHS as the storm hit and the Arizon Pool at that time was clean and clear, then after a half hour of heavy rain and hail the Arizona Pool was full of sand and mud. During that super heavy rain, there were little rivers running off the hillsides all over the place, it was wild! On page 7, photo 7 shows what the Lagoon looked like after that same big thundershower. The surface of the water was chocolate brown! While the storm was going on there was lightning cracking all over the place real close, so we got down under a granite overhang near the shower till things let up. That same big thundershower went west of DCHS, over the hills, and sent down lightning at Hesperia lake near Hesperia, injuring several people who were taking refuge under a tree.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question, Is the forest STILL closed?

jobe 1028November 03, 2007 05:36PM

Allen 883November 03, 2007 06:07PM

Rick 591November 03, 2007 08:47PM

LaughingBear 708November 04, 2007 06:59AM

Paul P. 907November 04, 2007 07:34AM

Wizard 713November 04, 2007 08:24AM

Allen 729November 04, 2007 09:59AM

LaughingBear 704November 04, 2007 02:12PM

Las Vegas Fireman 630November 04, 2007 05:11PM

Rick 912November 04, 2007 05:57PM

Paul P. 706November 05, 2007 02:04PM

Wizard 1148November 05, 2007 06:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login