Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (95% of Full)


Forest Service Seeks Public Comment on Off-highway Vehicle Grants

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 27, 2007 05:21PM
News Release
USDA Forest Service

Angeles National Forest
Contact: Sherry Rollman (626) 574-5208

Forest Service Seeks Public Comment on Off-highway Vehicle Grants

ARCADIA, CA — August 17, 2007

Angeles National Forest officials will soon submit a cooperative grant application to the State of California Off-highway Vehicle Recreation Division for 2007/2008 "Green sticker" grants, and are seeking public comment on the application.

Green sticker grants provide funding to help protect, maintain, and enhance the Forest's designated off-highway vehicle (OHV) system. If awarded, grant money would be used for trails and facilities maintenance, signing, wildlife and cultural resource protection, restoration projects, and law enforcement support at OHV areas.

Comments on the application must be received by September 17, 2007. The public can submit their comments via e-mail to tkaucher@fs.fed.us, or to the following address:

Thomas Kaucher
USDA Forest Service
30800 Bouquet Canyon Road
Saugus, CA 91390

The draft application is posted on the Angeles National Forest web site at http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/recreation/ohv.shtml. People without Internet access, or who have questions, can contact Thomas Kaucher at the Santa Clara/Mojave Rivers Ranger District, (661) 296-9710, ext. 234.

The Angeles National Forest provides 364 miles of designated OHV routes (roads). Because of the many different uses of the Forest and the delicate environment, all OHV travel must be on designated routes and trails or in designated OHV areas.


Forest Service Seeks Public Comment on Off-highway Vehicle Grants

Rick 1450August 27, 2007 05:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login