Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Freedom trailhead

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 19, 2017 11:18AM
Found the old photo. Definitely recommend a high clearance vehicle, ideally AWD or 4x4 to get there especially in wet conditions despite what the picture is conveying if you have not been there. If anything happens on that stretch of road it costs a fortune to be towed and not by AAA. They do not cover off pavement service. The other concern has been vandalism. Not sure if the situation has improved over the last few years. Perhaps regular visitors there can confirm.

Unrelated to DCHS posted the other two photos for Paul and others from that city. Very peaceful to venture out at 4 am for a few pictures although the camera I was using was not well suited for low light landscape. That was using a tripod and 30 second exposure with a 40 mm lens. A night shift security guard was happy to make conversation for the two hours I was there. Guess he doesn't get many visitors. Coincidentally the coast guard goes up and down the waterway all night back and forth. Well either them or the navy. I think they are looking out for any potential attacks from Coronado smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 11:20AM by denali.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Freedom trailhead

denali1711January 19, 2017 11:18AM

Re: Freedom trailhead

Paul P.817January 19, 2017 06:55PM

Re: Freedom trailhead

denali1316January 19, 2017 11:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login