Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fire at Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 13, 2007 12:39AM
Going to Deep Creek hot springs today was like doing a repeat episode for the Twilight Zone. First it was my first time interacting with the new MAN in town J. Anderson. I think he is the new law enforcement guru for the B.L.M. As we were driving on Bowen ranch road I pulled to the side to allow four fire trucks and two B.L.M. vehicles to pass. Then again for two more fire trucks. Then again for two sheriffs. As I approached power line road, J Anderson and the other B.L.M. official were parked @ 100 feet from B.R. road blocking the road. I pulled up to their vehicles and asked if there was a fire in the area. They said yes. I asked if there was any thing I could do to help? They said no. So, on I went.
As we continued to Oak Springs road I noticed a fire engine trolling slowly away from Luna Vista Ranch. I instinctively said a prayer for Jerry, Mary and everyone else up there. As we rode past the Bowen ranch I noticed somebody having a huddle around the front porch, about twenty people. As we continued to the freedom trail again two more fire trucks past us. When we came to a large hill to survey the area around, 5 fire trucks were on the horizon with @ 10 more just down hill. And @ 5 off to the right of them and 5 more to their left side. As we entered sage valley a very large water truck was parked on the small road that turns to the right.
He was a big guy who looked like some of my foot ball playing buddies from the last century. After explaining how this road went here and that road goes there and if you want get here you go up there, we got to the good part. He told me they had the fire almost completely put out and it WAS under control. And this was as 2 planes and a water carrying helicopter were buzzing over head.
So we head to the freedom trail parking lot. Where, the cell phone coverage is very good. I had 4 out of my 5 bars on my cell phone. And I call my good friend Gary who happened to be in Hesperia. He said a large amount of smoke was blowing into his area. So I tell him what I had seen and what my ol' football buddy said and about this and that and goodbye. Then I called my sweet friend Gail so she could report what was happening here. aint tecknowledgee great?
Glad to help !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fire at Deep Creek

katrina island 1197August 12, 2007 01:02PM

katrina island 737August 12, 2007 01:19PM

celtfire 668August 12, 2007 02:30PM

jobe 589August 13, 2007 12:39AM

jobe 1161August 13, 2007 12:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login