Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

angry smiley Help needed + 06/04/2015 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 05, 2015 11:09AM
Came to the BR at around 11:30 ish. There were 5-6 cars – not too bad. I saw 3 cars in the freedom trail lot. The FJ Cruiser group did a decent cleanup job. The trail looked as good as I’ve seen it in years. Nevertheless, I collected 1.25 bags of trash along the way. I collected only what I could reach on the trail not hiking up and down as I usually do – I had been plagued by leg cramps as soon as I hit the trail. I stashed my full bag half way and took it up on the way back. I saw new and old trash on the way to the springs. Somebody threw a full bag down the mofo hill right after it turns to the left and the springs become visible. The hill is way to steep so it has to be reached from the bottom. So, if you are connected to the FJ Cruiser group, please 1) Extend them our sincere appreciation; 2) Invite them back - more work is needed please. A harness, slim person and a rope attached to a couple of massive guys would really help ;-).

The springs were pretty clean. I collected only 18 various size/weight bags of trash from the upstream area. Lots of people helped so when I left only 10 bags remained. I ran out of energy to collect downstream. I really appreciate all the folks helping. You know who you are.

I brought a marker and a scotch tape to make a sign attached to the remaining bags... something like, “This is not a trash collection area. There is no trash pickup. This is the trash left by inbreds...Please help the springs etc.” But I could not find a single piece of cardboard or paper to write on. If you plan on coming to the springs please bring a marker, tape and a piece of cardboard. This is urgently needed.

Wizard, it was good to talk to you smileys with beer. The topics gave me lots of food for thought.

PCT hikers are still coming in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 12:35PM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

angry smiley Help needed + 06/04/2015 trip report

Sam D.2025June 05, 2015 11:09AM

Re: angry smiley Help needed + 06/04/2015 trip report

Wizard1383June 05, 2015 04:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login