Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

lightening THUNDER & rain

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 04, 2014 12:23PM
I took an ol" friend to the springs yesterday Sunday the third of August. She made me promise we would leave if the floods came.
From the Freedom trailhead I could see nine cars and two tents. There were no cars at the freedom trailhead. I supposed the weather reports had scared away the 2 wheeled drivers.
It was not a large crowded day for a Sunday only maybe 40 persons mostly textiles. Several regulars were there and someone had left 2 tents abadoned on the beach above the Arizona pool. The trash pile next to the "NO CAMPING" sign has grown larger. Some Native Americans who had camped there the day before were hauling a large bag out. I thanked them for their help. At about 5 pm a very large lightening bolt made a large circle above mofo hill. The people I was talking to said my hair was spining around from the electricity in the air. I felt around and sure enough electricity was spining my hair around like a Ferris wheel. You could feel the electricity was buzzing us all. I have frizzy Einstien like hair that also acts as a weather vane. I told every one to get underneath the trees closer to the ground. We were up on the large boulders above the Crab Cooker pool. As soon as we were all next to the Contemplation pool another large lightening bolt seemed to strike into Family canyon just down stream. At 5:20 pm it began flooding along with swirling cold winds. I went to the Anniversary pool to get warmed up. My friend yelled to me from across the creek she was leaving because the floods had come. I had to keep a good pace up just to keep warm from the cold rain. There was more large lightening bolts every 2 minutes as we went to our truck. I was GLAD I have 4 wheel drive on my Explorer for just these occasions. While driving out rivers of water were flooding every where. Only 1 PT Cruiser was at the Freedom trailhead. I wondered how he was gonna get out of there ?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

lightening THUNDER & rain

jobe1772August 04, 2014 12:23PM

Re: lightening THUNDER & rain

neogeo860August 04, 2014 04:39PM

memyselfand176762August 04, 2014 07:05PM

Wizard837August 04, 2014 08:47PM

memyselfand176801August 04, 2014 10:36PM

Nmvhiker867August 05, 2014 12:23AM

mojave853August 05, 2014 08:04AM

Paul P.883August 05, 2014 08:28AM

mojave1482August 05, 2014 03:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login