Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Crescent (28% of Full)


Advanced

Re: who's that

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 04, 2002 08:56PM
hi, i am furmiliar with the hot springs. Infact very furmiliar, i am the one in the picture, and that is my dog shina. i do not remember giving permision to put it on but its fine. I had owned 2 trailers that had burnt in the fire. also animals that had excaped and were attacked. after about three years, I have started to go back to the hots springs. i can see that it doesnt look that bad.
i do agree with you abut the prices, and I disagree with Mike, saying he didnt care. I remeber seeing all the guns on his wall, to protect the good from the bad i suppose.Wizard wrote:
>
> I agree with your points FOF. I was told by Arizona Mike that
> Mike Castro takes the money as a deterent to prevent " bad "
> people from accessing the springs. Arizona told me that Mike
> Castro is not interested in the money and doesn't need it. I
> asked " Why then did Mike Castro raise his fee after the
> Willow Fire " ? The truth is that Mike Castro was frustrated
> by this fire closure and raised the rate to make up for his
> losses. That is my opinion. I don't beleive for a minute that
> it was because he thought it would keep more " bad " people
> out. If charging money was a realistic means of stopping "
> bad " people from reaching the springs then why not raise the
> rate higher and keep out all of the bad people :-) It is my
> opinion, as I'm sure it is with most of you that having
> available money does not determine the worthiness of the
> individual so this argument is bogus. In reality, by far, the
> vast majority of people who use the springs access through
> the Bowen Ranch so in some real way the Bowen Ranch could be
> described as the major conduit for people who degrade the
> springs since the bad come along with the good. I place no
> blame on Mike Castro for this reality. I accept that Mike has
> the right to let people cross his property but on the other
> hand don't lay blame at my feet for all the troubles at the
> springs because people communicate by differant means in
> thier desire to access a beautiful place like DCHS.

Wizard wrote:
>
> I agree with your points FOF. I was told by Arizona Mike that
> Mike Castro takes the money as a deterent to prevent " bad "
> people from accessing the springs. Arizona told me that Mike
> Castro is not interested in the money and doesn't need it. I
> asked " Why then did Mike Castro raise his fee after the
> Willow Fire " ? The truth is that Mike Castro was frustrated
> by this fire closure and raised the rate to make up for his
> losses. That is my opinion. I don't beleive for a minute that
> it was because he thought it would keep more " bad " people
> out. If charging money was a realistic means of stopping "
> bad " people from reaching the springs then why not raise the
> rate higher and keep out all of the bad people :-) It is my
> opinion, as I'm sure it is with most of you that having
> available money does not determine the worthiness of the
> individual so this argument is bogus. In reality, by far, the
> vast majority of people who use the springs access through
> the Bowen Ranch so in some real way the Bowen Ranch could be
> described as the major conduit for people who degrade the
> springs since the bad come along with the good. I place no
> blame on Mike Castro for this reality. I accept that Mike has
> the right to let people cross his property but on the other
> hand don't lay blame at my feet for all the troubles at the
> springs because people communicate by differant means in
> thier desire to access a beautiful place like DCHS.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Someone to blame

Wizard 1015March 03, 2002 07:16PM

Re: Someone to blame

free our forests 536March 03, 2002 08:50PM

Re: Someone to blame

Wizard 432March 04, 2002 08:10AM

Re: who's that

Lili 463March 04, 2002 08:56PM

Re: Someone to blame

EastBay 400March 04, 2002 12:30PM

Re: Someone to blame

Wizard 506March 04, 2002 08:13PM

Re: Someone to blame

Wizard 500March 04, 2002 08:46PM

Re: Someone to blame

rchan 439March 05, 2002 09:38AM

Re: Someone to blame

Paul P. 476March 05, 2002 01:12PM

Re: Someone to blame

Wizard 426March 05, 2002 07:15PM

Deep Creek Hot Springs

Joanna 794December 22, 2002 07:30PM



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login