Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Just wondering?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 03, 2002 05:19PM
Hey Wiz! You guys are absolutely correct about me having some kind of rash from DC. My hubby doesn't seem affected though. I have never had problems like that of any kind ... some people have to be careful what soap they wash their clothes in and use Ivory soap or they have skin reactions. I've never had sensitive skin in my life.

But a couple of months ago the creek was up and I didn't want to cross in the cold water. So I went downstream and crossed on the rocks ... I had to make my way through some seriously overgrown weeds. I could hardly find my way to the creek and rocks ... I came out at the wrong spot. At the time I was not wearing my shirt and a friend was with me. We made it across and soaked our normal time. I got dressed (including my shirt this time) and crossed the same way again. We hiked back to our car and it seemed like where ever my clothes came into contact with my skin that's where the rash appeared. I thought I had gotten into some kind of plant that had little spines that were left in my jeans. When we made it to our friends' house I went inside and couldn't peel my clothes off fast enough! I was itching all over! (It's ok with them -- they're nudists!) I rushed upstairs and took a shower to wash "it" off. It seemed like that only made it worse. I think running my hands over the areas just set if off even more. Some anti-itch cream helped calm it down but I had a rough night. My friend had no problem what so ever and she's one who needs to watch what soap she uses.

The next time we went I decided the weeds must have been the cause so I avoided them alltogether and just crossed the creek. But the same thing still happened.

The next time after that, I took a 2-liter bottle of tap water and added some white vinegar to it. I left it warm in the crab cooker until I crossed the creek again. Of course, it smelled a lot stronger when it was warm! I rinsed in the solution and had very little reaction this time. I think I missed some spots or didn't rub the solution in adequately. At least I knew that I really did need the solution.

Next time I am going to use lemon juice and water.

I am wondering if the ash from the Willow fire has somehow made its way down into the source of the springs ... I think the PH of the water may be too alkaline and that's why the acid neutralized the reaction for me. Think of the water as being like lye.

To tell you the truth, it's one of the reasons why we haven't been to the springs much recently. We've also been busy with other things or been sick. I'm just hoping the problem will somehow wash itself away.
But misery does love company!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just wondering?

Wizard 1238March 03, 2002 09:23AM

Wizard 738March 03, 2002 10:15AM

katrina 756March 03, 2002 11:08AM

DCR 715March 03, 2002 05:19PM

Wizard 639March 03, 2002 06:01PM

Sam D 722March 03, 2002 10:09PM

NakedMan 622March 04, 2002 07:28AM

Wizard 654March 04, 2002 07:50AM

NakedMan 1082March 04, 2002 07:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login