Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Enforcement or Retaliation?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 30, 2007 07:44PM
Regarding that situation with the noisy ORV riding neighbors, I went out one day back in the fall and was videotaping the riding of the neighbors kids, who were riding on the small riding track they had set up, which at that time was going on to adjacent private property. The kids saw me video taping them, and then went and told Mama Moto, who came out all in a huff and started telling me that she was going to call here lawyer because I was doing video of her " underage " boys. I was on a public street while doing my video, her boys were in full moto gear, and were riding in plain sight from the road. I told her to " go ahead and call your lawyer, and while your at it call Code Enforcement, I'll be happy to show them my video, and we can all talk about the illegal riding thats going on by your boys, on the local roads, and adjacent private lands ". Mama Moto kept trying to Buffalo me with her lawyer threats, but then gave up on that tact, and then the discussion got rather lengthy and heated for some time, during which I expained my position that this riding was illegal, and besides that, inapropriate in our neighborhood setting with other homes close by, especially in consideration of the fact that several neighbors, including myself had expressed great dissatisfaction with the noise disturbing our peace and quiet. Mama Moto said that her compromise would be that she would only let her boys ride on Sunday, between 12-5 PM, and on some weekdays on certain occasions. After this heated conversation there was some riding at times, within the timeframes she discussed, but then since around Thanksgiving, I have not seen any riding over there. I don't know the reason for the lack of riding, but it has been wonderful not to have to listen to the whine of those motorcycles. We still have the occasional rider coming down the dirt roads heading off to other locals, but at least they go on thier way, and even though thier activity on their non street legal off road bikes is illegal on the county dirt roads, the noise is short lived, and tolerable, plus they are too fast to catch. Hopefully, the LACK of riding by our neighbors kids continues :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Enforcement or Retaliation?

mojavegreen 1191January 30, 2007 12:14PM

Rick 613January 30, 2007 12:54PM

mojavegreen 641January 30, 2007 06:07PM

Rick 1120January 31, 2007 08:44PM

LaughingBear 640January 30, 2007 04:20PM

Wizard 566January 30, 2007 07:44PM

Wizard 1365January 30, 2007 09:37PM

mojavegreen 632January 31, 2007 05:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login