Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Trip report 10-12-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 13, 2013 08:06AM
I got to the Freedom trail head at 11 am there were 4 vehicles there. Before this while observing the weather sattelites I determined that clouds and or rain were coming to Socal. But, it was another weather perfect day at Deep creek Saturday.
When I got to the springs there were @ 30 persons there. Several were camping, I saw 3 tents.
At 1:30 I got my thermometer out and took the temps of the pools. By this time there were more than 60 persons there with more arriving.
The Creek water at the place I have been taking it, upstream from the AZ. pool was 69 degrees. That is just enough to make your body go wow when you get in it.
All temps were taken in the center of the pools and near the surface.

The Arizona pool was 110 degrees. Sand continues to go down the hill and into this pool. It was less than knee deep.

The Anniverary pool was104 degrees.

The Womb pool was 102 degrees. It was full of many party animals at that time.

The Serenity pool was 103 degrees. Most of the water from the Crab Cooker pool was flowing into the creek. That is why it was not hotter there.

The Crab Cooker pool was 114 degrees.

The Contemplation pool was 90 degrees. The water there was merky so I drained it to make it cleaner.

The outside air temp was 78 degrees.

All day long everyone I came into contact with were very happy to spend their day at my favorite hot spring. The San Diego Naturist and Orange county naturist were around some told me they were camping at the Bowen ranch. It is always good to see so many naked people helping to keep the ancient customs at Deep Creek. I would estimate more than 60 % were nude. And maybe 90 people were around the springs at most.
While driving in I spotted a Coyote near the Bowen ranch. He seemed to not be in a hurry and slowly got out of the way of my truck. Just before the Freedom trail I saw 2 road runners playing tag in the parking lot. I figure they were having fun before the weather changes.
Happy hot springing everyone !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2013 07:44PM by jobe.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 10-12-13

jobe2036October 13, 2013 08:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login