Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Spark - Burning Man

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 22, 2013 11:28PM
This is a documentary that came out last week and accordingly timed as BM is starting in a few days. I rented it via iTunes but it's showing in some theaters. I guess I have mixed feelings about it. It gives a good perspective into Black Rock City and the founders along with some interesting history, and insight into the preparations and construction aspects. However, something is missing. Aspects of it came across as an advertisement for the event. I wish it had more depth. If anything though, it does give you some good insight into the people closest to the event. Maybe that's just it, you get depth only if you attend. Some nice photography though and worth watching if you are, like myself, curious.

One interesting paradox. Obviously the initial event was free of charge and the documentary did a good job of pointing out that there is no money being exchanged at the event, just trades. However, if you do the math, the resulting ticket sales from this year alone give Black Rock City a cash flow of about $70,000 per day! Not too shabby. But then again, office and industrial space is not cheap in SF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 12:04AM by mohave.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Spark - Burning Man

mohave2359August 22, 2013 11:28PM

Re: Spark - Burning Man

calidev1313August 23, 2013 01:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login