Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

6-15-13 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 16, 2013 09:51AM
It was another weather perfect day at Deep Creek Hot Springs. As I got to the Freedom trail head it was sunny the temp was in the lower 80's with a cool breeze at noon time. I saw the pink arrows mentioned here. It reminded me of the ugliness called Las Vegas. Just what I came down here to get away from. I think I threw up some on the first one I saw, I do not know why ...
It Is good I did not catch this criminal in the act. I might have puked on the criminal too !
As I got to the Bowen ranch trail a large number of teen agers were going toward the ranch carrying camping equipment. About 10 or 12 of them. I asked if they had fun ? One lovely young woman said NOT YEA BUT HELL YEA , Deep creek ROCKS ! rocks and started some animal yells ! It was cool in an animistic kind of way :~)
There were perhaps 80 people around the springs and more on the way. At about 1 pm i got my thermometer out to take the temps.
The outside air temp under the shade of the trees on the beach was 78 degrees. Surprised me too !
When I went to the place just upstream from the Arizona pool where I usually take the temp it was 79 degrees. Incredible, the first time in a long time the creek was actually warmer than the air in the shade.
The Arizona pool is in sad shape as no one has been digging it out it was only ankle deep and 105 degrees. BOO !
The anniversary pool was nice and clean. I went there last week and replaced the broken piece that made it work good again. The pool was only half full or half empty because every one wanted a chance to get through the line and get a message. The temp of the pool was 107 degrees.
The womb pool was clean and pretty. Last week I also cleaned the scum from the bottom with my hose. It was 102 perfect degrees. A lot of people soaking there.
The Serenity pool was clean also at 105 degrees. Lots of people were happy to soak there.
The Crab cooker pool was 112 degrees. It was hard to soak there with all of that sun shining going on ;~)
Some one has placed rocks in front of where the hot water flows into the creek. Making for a good soak, lots of happy day trippers there.
The contemplation pool was full of beautiful naked women so I edged my way in to get the temp there. I got into a long talk with one of the beauties there that lasted the rest of the day. The temp there was 95 degrees. The women there seemed to make it a lot hotter than it WAS ;~)
Every one I saw and met seemed to be very happy.

The trash problem seems to be under control by the Volunteers. There was only one large bag of trash on the beach. I picked up another 40 gallon bag and left the springs just before sun set.
Happy fathers day to all the good daddies
out there !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

6-15-13 trip report

jobe1860June 16, 2013 09:51AM

Re: 6-15-13 trip report

mohave884June 17, 2013 07:35PM

jobe911June 19, 2013 10:59AM

speakeasy839June 20, 2013 11:20AM

jobe736June 20, 2013 01:05PM

neogeo837June 20, 2013 10:10PM

Ankhs1239June 21, 2013 06:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login