Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 5-18-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 19, 2013 04:21PM
It was 4 pm when I left my house. So, I knew I only had a few hours to soak and get a bag of trash out of there to stay legal.
There was only a small breeze the sun was shining brightly and the temp was in the low 90's. When I drove by where you can see the Bowen ranch parking lot it appeared to be full. When I got to the Freedom trail head there were only 3 trucks there. As I got my pack ready a Kite which is a bird that is in the hawk family was flying over me. They can fly in the same place like a helicopter and that was what he was doing. It was nice to see him so close up as if he wanted me to feed him. I told him I had noting to feed him. And as if he understood me he flew away. But I could see him further away flying in the same place looking for a meal. As I went down the trail a large number of people were leaving. Everyone I saw said it was fun but crowded today. When I got to the springs there were at least 50 twenty somethings partying around the womb pool. So many I could not get into the pool. So, I went to the beach where another party was on going by mostly twenty somethings. I saw 2 large trash bags beside the Deep Creek sign. I took it across the creek to the beach where the trash is piled up. There was @ 200 lbs. there and the bag I took there weighed about 100 lbs. I took my 40 gallon bag out and filled it up with the trash from there. While I was doing this a hippy couple from Oak springs saw me and asked if the could help? So I gave them my extra bag and they hauled it out. THANKS for their help.
After this I went to the contemplation pool to contemplate. Someone has been working on this pool during the week. it is over 4 feet deep now and a very nice soak at @ 95 degrees.
I still could not make it to the womb pool because of the large crowd there. There was a group of pretty young women in teeny weeny bikinis having a competition of jumping off the rocks onto floats as they jumped. The guys were cheering them on while grading their performance. Kinda fun except I was old enough to be any of their parent. Youth is wasted on the young. So I went back to the beach were I met some D.C. regulars and some folks from Israel were enjoying the place. These people from Israel are becoming regular. It was nice to see them again. I talked them into filling up their trash bag as they left.
As they did I noticed the shower was still broken. So I got out my tools a rigged it up and made it work. After I enjoyed it for @ 15 minuets a steady stream of soakers were there the rest of the day. This drained the Anniversary pool faster than usual. So I asked them to allow it to fill up again and put the stopper back in. As the large crowd of twenty somethings headed up the hill a large group of campers arrived. As I left with the sun set there were at least and most likely 40 campers spread out along the creek. The most I have seen in a long time. Maybe ever !
I want to encourage everyone to help with the trash problem. It is still there.
As I drove by where you can see the Bowen ranch parking lot I could see the party was there now. It kinda looked like burning man with some one having neon lights that glittered. I could hear loud techno music too and I was probably a mile away. It must be nice to be twenty!
Happy Soaking !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 5-18-13

jobe2024May 19, 2013 04:21PM

Re: Trip Report 5-18-13

To Escape960May 21, 2013 05:57AM

Avadog940May 21, 2013 01:08PM

jobe1410May 22, 2013 05:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login