Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Pool & Road Conditions 2-23-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 24, 2013 12:58PM
It was a great day for being at the springs ! I had been working on my bus/RV a lot lately, however, I have not missed going to the springs once a week for the past 3 months. The winds were gusting at 30-40 mph at home so I Put up my tools and got to the Freedom trail head at 1:00 pm.
Driving from Hesperia I took the power line road off Deep Creek road. It was crowded with motorcycles and ATVs but only a small amount of snow and mud till you get to the top of the hill. Then there was still plenty snow on the south side of the hills and @ 1 & 1/2 mile of slush in the road. Only @ 4 puddles required going off road to get around. Just before arriving at the Freedom trail head I saw a former neighbors truck partially in the road. When I got to the springs I talked to her about this. She said she had been at the springs for 2 days and her small engine would not go up that last hill because of the mud she could not make it all the way to the trail head.
While at the trail head I saw a roadrunner he was @ 2 feet tall. I wandered if he/she was related to the huge roadrunner I saw there about 1 year ago ? The wind was only a small breeze when I got there and it was sunny w/only a few small clouds.
Despite my carrying a six pack on ice I jogged to the springs in just over 15 minuets. There were I estimate 30 - 40 persons present when I got there. I walked around looking for trash but could not find any anywhere for my trash bag. THANKS !!! too whom ever ?
At 4:20 I took my new and improved digital thermometer out and took the pool temps.
The Creek just upstream from the Arizona pool where I usually take it was 45 degrees. The sun was shining and the water was clear and only a little higher than the week before. About 4-5 inches below the level of the Arizona pool.
The Arizona pool was 105.4 degrees. A dchs regular said he had been digging the sand out of it and it was a little less the 2 feet deep. So, I spent @ 45 minuets digging on it some more. Making it almost 3 feet deep with only a small amount of sand left in there.
The Anniversary pool was 105 degrees. It was obviously being cleaned by some one as there was no dead algae or sand anywhere in this pool. THANKS !!! some more too whom ever ?
The Womb pool was at 100.2 degrees. It was in need of cleaning as some dead algae was floating around, maybe next week some time I will remedy that. The sun was shining as I was there. It is nice to see the sun shine in my favorite pool again, a sign of the times.
The Serenity pool was full of teenagers so it was after 6:00 pm when I got the temp there. It was 105.2 degrees and only a small amount of dead algae there.
The Crab Cooker pool was at 112 degrees and very refreshing and clean.
The Contemplation pool was at 86.7 degrees. When I got there some one had just finished soaking but it was fairly clean and very nice.
At 4:20 when I first pulled my new digital thermometer out of my back pack on the beach and in the sun it was 81.6 degrees.
It IS a great time to visit Deep creek hot springs. Everyone I saw and talked to were having a good day.
Usually, I always try to follow all of the rules/laws. However, I was talking to my former neighbor about a lot of interesting things while the sun was setting. I kept one eye on the sky and the other on our beers while chitchatting w/her. I was waiting for the sky to turn dark as my Que to leave. Lo and behold the sun went down and the moon came out so fast the blue sky never turned dark and it was night time before I knew it. It was a full moon and very nice to hike out in the bright moon lite ?
Happy hot springing every one !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pool & Road Conditions 2-23-13

jobe2126February 24, 2013 12:58PM

Re: Pool & Road Conditions 2-23-13

Avadog985February 25, 2013 08:24AM

jobe861March 02, 2013 12:22PM

Avadog996March 03, 2013 09:52AM

jobe952March 06, 2013 10:03AM

mdskibum1469March 07, 2013 04:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login