Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: JF 3380

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 19, 2006 07:15PM
The powerline road was fairly recently graded and is in pretty good shape since we haven't had any significant rains to rut it out. I used to go to and from DCHS by that same route you took lots over the years. Really enjoyed the view of the city lights when you reach the edge of the hills at night. Don't want to lose your brakes going down that steep section to Deep Creek Rd. One night I was heading out, and stoped a bit at a spot to look at the ciy lights. In front of me a car was coming towards me. It stopped, a guy got out, and then I could see he had a gun pointed at me. He move around off to the side of my car, told me to put my hands on the wheel, then proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions. It turned out that he was a Fish and Game ranger, and was looking for deer poachers. Once he determined that I was not a poacher, and had just been hiking to DCHS, he went on his way, and so did I. Kinda scary for a bit before I knew he was a ranger, this guy pointing a gun at me out in the middle of no where, at night! Like you said Rick, the views of the Victor Valley on a clear day off of that powerline rd are superb :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

JF 3380

Rick 1232December 18, 2006 02:19PM

Wizard 652December 18, 2006 07:06PM

Rick 622December 18, 2006 08:07PM

Wizard 584December 19, 2006 07:15PM

Rick 1340December 19, 2006 08:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login