Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

2/18/13 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 18, 2013 10:46PM
Finally took the BR trail today. the weather is high 65 and mild wind around 8mph. The BR trail is steeper than I thought. I took my wife, who is not a very good hiker and she found some parts very scary. we didn't slip, but moved at very slow speed through many parts. we went right at the wire and it was steep. not recommended. The way in took about an hr and 10 min. There were a lot of people there at the creek today. half of them naked, which is great! a few happy dogs. a few brave one swimming in the icy creek.

On the way out, We took the longer trail. HOWEVER, at a split path, we went left, downhill instead of right uphill and that was dangerous. there was a part of the path that has a rope tied to the tree, which helps tremendously. Wife was very scared...

about half way out, we saw two people who were suffering from hypothermia, the woman to the point that she is unable to walk and fainting. They both were just wearing a t-shit and had no flash light.(it was already dark by the time we run into them). this is about 7pm. I ended up piggyback her out.

what I learned today, is choose a trail that is within your ability, and prepare for different senarios when you go into the wild. I strongly recommend anyone who comes bring a flash light and wear something more than just a t-shirt. and plenty water, or fill up at the creek.

V
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2/18/13 trip report

redtango1765February 18, 2013 10:46PM

Re: 2/18/13 trip report

speakeasy880February 19, 2013 11:30AM

Re: 2/18/13 trip report

mdskibum1333February 20, 2013 08:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login