Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS / 10 - 28

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 28, 2006 10:26PM
Well today was splendid down at DCHS. My wife, daughters and I hiked down to the spring around 12PM. On the way, we saw the big firefighting jet fly over us, that was heading for the Experanza Fire down by Cabazon. Once we got down to the springs I looked for a friend Gary, who said he was heading down there for the day. Gary post on the DCHS forum from time to time, and visits on occasion when he is down in the area, from where he resides in Utah :-) Found him soaking in the Womb, chatting with some visitors. As I mentioned here at the DCHS forum, I had taken the old USFS " Woodsy Owl " sign home with me, which was broken and old, and had taken it to a sign shop to have a new one made, just like the old one. Well my first project at DCHS today was putting up the new sign on its original post that has been at the spring for many years. Gary helped me while I chatted with some visitors who were watching. Naked Man showed up around that time, and also Christian who hits the springs on a regular basis. I then got a pool hose that I have stored up there by the springs, and took it around to the Womb, and worked on cleaning out its bottom, where there was lots of algae debris under the rocks back under the cliff with the palm trees. I also vacumed out all the algae and debris in the Serenity Pool. Also picked up trash around the springs, and along the trail too. Saw Las Vegas Fireman down there too. The springs are looking so beautiful this time of year, with lots of changing colors in the leaves of the trees. Enjoyed chatting with another visitor I had seen before named Andrew, who was doing some exploring upstream from DCHS. Just wonderful to look around at all the stunning vistas, deep blue skies, clear air, with great colors in the golden autum light. Its a fine time of year to visit DCHS if you get the chance, before the colder weather sets in. On the hike out, a one third moon graced the southern skies, in the diminishing light of sunset. I'll be heading back there soon :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS / 10 - 28

Wizard 971October 28, 2006 10:26PM

Re: DCHS / 10 - 28

Gary 1078October 28, 2006 11:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login