Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS 12/16/11

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 18, 2011 07:34AM
I arrived at the Springs at about 11 AM. The Bonwen Ranch road is in OK shape; not too bad. At the top were patches of icy unmelted snow but as I descended on the trail those patches of snow disappearded. I met a group of about 6 guys hiking out who indicated that it was fairly mellow at the Springs. The creek is quite low, about to my knees. However, the water was frigid and by the time I made the crossing to the other side my feet were quite numb. It was an excellent day - very little wind in the canyon and the air temp was somewhat mild. When I arrived there were two other people at the Springs and another person hiking in from Bradford Ridge joined us shortly. Four people total - all nude enjoyed a magnificent day - quiet and relaxing and good converstion in the tub with a other hot spring junkies. As I mentioned above the air temp was mild and I was able to take a short stoll up canyon sans suit and still feel comfortable. I find Fall and Winter are great seasons to visit the Springs - less crowds and visiting on Friday made it even more quite. I started my hike out at about 2:15 and noticed the wind was picking up. On the ridge it really started whipping up and it was quite cold. I met four other's hiking in. All in all it was a great day.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS 12/16/11

windsailor1936December 18, 2011 07:34AM

Re: DCHS 12/16/11

minibouncer21442December 21, 2011 12:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login