Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Weekend STats

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 11, 2002 08:45PM
I hit the springs Sunday with the Munchkins and two other hotsprings friends. We we started our hike from where the cars were and the wind was gusting quite strong from the north and it was chilly. As we dropped down into the canyon it got warmer and calmer. It was a nice day with lots of sunshine and cool breezes around the hotpools. Quite a few people throughout the day, maybe about 25. Met a guy named Ron in the Womb and he is involved with the Friends of San Onofre Beach. We had a nice conversation and he said he has checked out this forum from time to time. I told him to check out the snow pictures I took recently. My friends, Heidi and Fernand had not been down in a while and it turned out to be a great day for them. About a 50/50 female to male mix. First we soaked in the Womb and then the last half of the day we enjoyed the Arizona pool since it gets more sunshine and was out of the wind a bit more. Another regular, Andy came along, and Frank who was mentioned in the previous post concerning stolen cleaning supplies also joined us and we all talked about Burning Man. Frank has been the last three years and Andy went in 2000. Just like everyone I've met who has gone they both said that it was a great time. Got some good info about the event from them. The Munchkins began to play with the black mud late in the day and tried there best to look like little black natives :-) My friends left around 3 Pm since they had a long drive to Santa Monical where they live. I saw in the paper today that the 15 freeway in the Cajon pass was closed for many hours up until 9:30 Sunday evening because of high winds. My friends ran into the massive back up on thier way home. They finally got back around 9:30 after finding an alternative route. Bummer :-( Where's the rain, if we don't get some soon its going to be a dry summer down at DCHS. Since I am a Wizard maybe I can work up a spell for the wet stuff :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Weekend STats

TikiBeachClub 1297February 11, 2002 04:32PM

Wizard 639February 11, 2002 08:45PM

NakedManSulking 1027February 11, 2002 10:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login