Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

March 31

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 01, 2011 07:32AM
I hiked down to the springs yesterday afternoon from Bowen Ranch (for a change). It was definitely a warm day, must have been about 90 at 2:00pm at Bowen although there a nice breeze blowing. There were 6 or 7 cars in the parking area. The hike down was nice, very clear day and the snow on the San Gabriel’s was very pretty. I passed a couple of young women hiking out just above the springs and there was a pretty large group of young people at the beach opposite the springs getting ready to leave.

The creek was running pretty high and swift, but crossable. I had a very light pack which I could hold high and I checked out a good path. The water was about chest high on me. However, if you take the direct route (following the rope) or go too far downstream the water is deeper. As usual it is fun to see people face the crossing. Everyone who arrived at the beach was able (and willing) to cross.

There were probably 10 to 15 folks (mix of C/O and suited) at the springs when I arrived and people came and went regularly while I was there. Not many were soaking as it was warm, but some where on the beach or under the trees (which don’t have all their leaves back yet) and some were lounging or playing in the creek upstream. I soaked in the womb for a while and spoke with a nice “gentleman” whom I have met at the springs before.

The pools look very nice and although the creek is high, there is a small “sandbag” Arizona Pool.

I hiked a bit up canyon and down, visited and just enjoyed the day. I hiked out when the cooler temperatures arrived around 6:30. There were still a few folks left at the springs, but I passed no one as I hiked out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 07:33AM by hiker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

March 31

hiker1579April 01, 2011 07:32AM

Re: March 31

chad123828April 01, 2011 08:15AM

Re: March 31

neogeo2032April 01, 2011 10:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login