Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Nov 19, Morning

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 19, 2010 04:05PM
I hiked in early today along the Bradford Ridge Trail reaching the springs at 7:39, 34 3/10 seconds, (sorry, couldn’t help myself ; ).

It was a cool blustery hike with not a soul on the trail. When I arrived at the springs, a guy was cleaning the Serenity Pool and the Anniversary Pool was filling; I headed for the Arizona Pool. I was there a few minutes when a couple arrived from Bowen crossing on the rocks upstream. They stayed in their suits and soaked in the Anniversary Pool and left around 10:00. I soaked most of the morning in Arizona and the Womb and even had the place to myself for 30 minutes or so until around 10:30 when a couple of hikers (skinny dippers) arrived. There were never more than 4 or 5 folks there during my morning visit. The pools look great.

If you have not been to Deep Creek in the fall, now is definitely the time to go. It was cool and peaceful. The leaves are turning with beautiful shades of yellow, orange and brown on the trees and reflecting on the water. And leaves were floating on the wind all morning, a wonderful place. In a couple weeks the leaves will be gone and winter will arrive at the springs.

I left at “approximately” 11:30 (didn’t get the exact time). A bit cool to hike nude, but the uphill climb on Bradford Ridge kept me warm enough. Met a group hiking in where Bradford Ridge meets the PCT, but not another soul the rest of the way out. DCHS is just the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 04:13PM by hiker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nov 19, Morning

hiker2245November 19, 2010 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login