Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Trip report 10-23

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 24, 2010 01:48PM
I left the freedom trail head at 3:00 pm for Deep Creek hot springs. I intended to watch the moon rise from here later. The road into the trail head had mud puddles and some erosion was evident. The weather was perfect, no wind only a few small clouds and @ 75 degrees with lots of sunshine.
I observed the graffiti as I slowly walked in. I brought 1 quart of graffiti remover with the brush supplied with it. And I intended to remove the bright red paint from the rocks 100 yards upstream from the pools.
When I got to the springs a small group of nudist mentioned here by Celtfire was in the pool. They informed me about the history of their Vida Nuda west group and said there were more from their group to arrive soon. They said they had camped at Bowen ranch last night and were going to chance camping at the springs this night. I informed them of the 35 $ fine plus the 12 $ court cost. Funny, as I said this a helicopter hovered @ 1000 feet above. He slowed as he crossed Deep Creek and moved on. As the day progressed I had some very good conversations with a girl named Randy a guy named Randy and A guy named Justin. More people from their group arrived also to make @ 20 total. Almost all got naked making for a very good evening.
Always in the back of my head I had graffiti on my mind. So @ 5 pm I took my bottle over to the red painted rocks. I spent @ 1 hour soaking and scrubbing the paint off. I got @ 95% of the paint off. But my brush fell apart so I had to quit. Next time I go to the springs I will bring a sturdier wire brush and complete the clean up there.
After this I hiked a little further up stream to see Scottie only to find his camp abandoned. There appeared to be a large amount of trash around where he camped. I wondered if the police had arrested him and he had to leave suddenly? A tarp was hanging from the tree and had rain water trapped in it still. Also the fire pit looked undisturbed since the rain from 2 days earlier. This was puzzling so I looked into his tent to make certain a body was not in there. What I found was an awful stink, about 3 sleeping bags and a suit case. While I held my breath.
So I went to soak to get the paint remover and stink off of me. Every one was having a very good time as Justin built a nice fire and was collecting more fire wood and fixing supper. Randy the naked woman told me very interesting stories about her life in Encinitas and her group of nudist.
So as the sunset this group of nudist encouraged me to take a chance with them and watch the moon come out. It was not the good company or the sips of Whisky that helped me decide. It was my love for the moonshine at this wonderful spring. That got my but up the trail just as I got to the top of Mofo hill the moon came out,,, what a beautiful site. As the camp fire below shined upon my new friends.
Happy soaking !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 10-23

jobe2464October 24, 2010 01:48PM

Re: Trip report 10-23

Madrox1727October 25, 2010 09:39AM

jobe964October 25, 2010 10:30AM

Sam D.1078October 25, 2010 04:15PM

jobe1000October 26, 2010 08:38AM

deepcreekvip1070October 26, 2010 08:38PM

Sam D.1602October 27, 2010 06:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login