Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Trip Report: Sunday, 10-24-2010

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 25, 2010 05:24PM
Two lady friends, first time visitors, and I arrived at the ranch before 8:30 Sunday morning and hiked the goat trail to the Hot Springs, getting there about 9:00 AM. The creek was comfortably cool and by crossing at the most shallow place the highest the water level reached was about 10 inches below my waist. Some of the Vita Nuda West folks were still there along with probably 10 or 12 campers scattered near the springs and in the trees. Scottie was up and roving about and several fires were heating breakfast for the illegal campers. There were probably about 5 to 10 clothes-free folks and the same number of textiles. Within an hour many of the campers had departed and new arrivals came in from the ranch. The hot pools all looked clean and Jobe's successful cleaning of the rocks was very evident. Thanks, Mr. Joe. As the day wore on more and more hikers arrived, most of them textiles. Halfway through the afternoon I pulled out a trash bag and my collector claw and went roving, especially through the campsites. As usual there were bottles and caps, cans, cigarette butts (Arrgh!), clothing, tent parts, unburied toilet paper and feces (Double Arrgh!!!), tampons, condoms, etc. etc!

All in all, a nice day marred by the ever present refuse and the surprise to me and to a young couple I was guiding to private beaches upstream when we happened upon two men having sex right on the trail! Luckily, the young kids were amused by the spectacle and they were amazed by the beauty of the upstream beaches and ever-fascinating Deep Creek.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report: Sunday, 10-24-2010

celtfire2050October 25, 2010 05:24PM

Re: Trip Report: Sunday, 10-24-2010

Paul P.1074October 26, 2010 08:35AM

deepcreekvip904October 26, 2010 08:41PM

celtfire1672October 27, 2010 08:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login