Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Forest Supervisor Jeanne Wade Evans Promoted to Deputy Regional Forester

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 03, 2010 01:51PM
Date: Aug 3, 2010

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., August 3, 2010 –San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor Jeanne Wade Evans has been selected as the Deputy Regional Forester for State and Private Forestry and Fire and Aviation Management in the Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Region in Vallejo, Calif. She leaves the forest after four and a half years as Supervisor.

“This is somewhat bittersweet as I’ve really enjoyed my time here on the San Bernardino National Forest and thought I’d like to be here for a while longer,” said Wade Evans, “but this is a wonderful opportunity to work with national forests all across the state.”

In her new role, Wade Evans will work with the Regional Forest Service leadership in providing oversight to the eighteen national forests and one national grassland across California and Hawaii. In addition to overseeing the Regional Fire and Aviation operations, safety operations, contracting and economic stimulus activities, she will also head the Region’s state and private initiatives in working with state and local governments, tribal governments, private organizations, urban communities, and others to help protect forest resources and assist landowners in practicing forest and land stewardship.

As Forest Supervisor, Wade Evans has led completion of many forest projects and has focused on collaborative successes with many partners. These partnerships have made a big difference in forest health and educational programs. Wade Evans has been a partner in the Mountain Area Safety Task Force of both San Bernardino and Riverside counties in furthering the important work of forest thinning, fuels reduction, and forest health with the overarching goal of safety for firefighters, forest communities, and forest visitors.

During her tenure, the Forest accomplished many land stewardship efforts including recreation facility and trail improvements, reforestation, land adjustments, and job and training opportunities for community youth and young adults. In 2006, she was met with the task of facilitating the forest headquarters office move into a more suitable facility and the new location for the Danny Rhynes Interagency Training Center.

“I have immensely enjoyed the honor of serving as Forest Supervisor for San Bernardino National Forest,” said Wade Evans. “I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the best and most dedicated individuals through many successes. I am very proud of the work the Forest Service has completed with all our partners for the long term benefit of the people of Southern California and this precious land.”

Wade Evans reports to the Regional Office on August 30th. Current Deputy Forest Supervisor Tom Gillett will be the Acting Forest Supervisor until a permanent selection is made. Gillett has served as Deputy Forest Supervisor on the San Bernardino National Forest since 2008, and had previously worked as the district ranger on the Descanso District of the Cleveland National Forest in Alpine, California.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rick2303August 03, 2010 01:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login