Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

7 - 8 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 09, 2010 09:40AM
I arrived at the Bowen ranch about 6:30 Wednesday evening, Ann was at the gate for Mike, I went down and made camp so I could get an early start in the morning, about 8:30 Pm. or so there was a sheriff helicopter flying around and soon landed over by the back road down to the lower parking lot and then took off again and came over and landed in the camping area near my camp site and let off two people and took off again and went back and got two more they were young Asians four in all who got lost on their hike out, they were first timers and made that wrong turn and walked out into the wilderness for 4 hrs. before they called for help, they were all OK and left feeling re leaved that nothing serious happened to them.
I spent the evening with a small camp fire and looking at the stars with no moon it was a wonder land of night sky.
I was up and got an early start 7:00Am. down to the springs and took my time walking down looking at the wild flowers and enjoying the early sun I arrived about 7:45 and it looked like I had the whole place to my self on the beach where you cross there was a fire pit up against the rocks with a metal fence post and a metal box and other pieces of metal and a lot of broken glass which I picked up, soon after crossing I was soaking in the big pool,later I moved my things over to the trees and took a walk up stream and found that I was not alone but that there were some campers back under the trees.
I went back to my spot and sat my self down to wile away the day relaxing and soaking and soon a bunch of young men arrived and were having fun jumping into the creeks cool water and swimming around as time went by more people arrived and by noon there were about 15 people there but there was not a lot of noise or shouting or dogs barking it was a very mellow day a older gay couple arrived and said that they were first timers there and that Deep Creek was the most beautiful place that they had been to in the 19 years that they had been together they were cool and not overt, a little bit later two couples arrived they were not gay but they were overt and were playing with other in sexual ways in the creek and soon in the big pool not many payed much attention to them but all knew what what was going on and after an hour or two they left and around 5 Pm. the other people started leaving and soon I had the springs to my self again except for the campers and about 8:00 Pm. I started out with a bag of trash and broken glass I got up to the ranch about 9:00pm and started home. what a way to spend a birthday.
a couple who I was sharing the shade with said they felt the earth quake but I did not I was in my own world.
So all in all it was a most peaceful day at the springs. Paul-v
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

7 - 8 trip report

paul-v1596July 09, 2010 09:40AM

Re: 7 - 8 trip report

jobe1485July 09, 2010 07:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login