Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

HS Trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 21, 2010 02:31AM
This morning I drove to Remington to see first hand the condition of the springs.
The lower 2 pools are under water and the upper tub is only 3" above the creek level.
Since it can not be drained via drainage pipes now (you can still bucket the water out manually)
nobody bothered to clean it. It's covered in algae and got sand/rocks on the bottom.
I could not convince people soaking in there to allow me to scrub it. Remington gets less water than
DCHS, so scrubbing is customary.
So I decided to leave. On my way out I met some Founding Fathers of the springs.
I think I should have stayed as they could have helped me to convince others.
I learned that the main Father of the springs is in a hospital with a blood clot in his lungs.
I pray for his recovery. He was the one who stood waist deep in icy cold water for hours laying
down the cement when the pools were being built.
There is some trash on the trail and in the parking lots. I picked some until I broke my
trash picker.

Since I was intent to get some soaking I drove for 4 hrs to Deep Creek.
I arrived at the Bowen Ranch at around 4PM. I borrowed some tape from Mike to fix
my trash picker. The fix worked so I spent almost 2 hours at the springs picking up trash.
I collected two 30lbs bags which I took on top of the MOFO hill. Some guy helped me carry them
300 yards further (thank you) and I carried them for another 300 yard stretch until I could no
longer move. Hiking to and from Remington really tired my already tired legs.
Some kids at the springs promised me to carry the bags further up but I do not trust them.
So, if you find them on the trail, please move them 100 yards higher until they reach the top.

Overall, I counted around 30 people when I came. Most of them were textile.
Once some folks left, the remaining crowd became 50:50

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 12:41PM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

HS Trip report

Sam D.2142June 21, 2010 02:31AM

Re: HS Trip report

Paul P.927June 21, 2010 01:13PM

New HS Trip report

Sam D.1002June 28, 2010 01:49AM

HS Trip report

coyote1519June 29, 2010 10:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login