Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

5-23 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 23, 2010 09:14PM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head at 4:20 pm. It appeared that some body had been doing doughnut circles in the parking lot recently . ???
When I got to the springs to cross the creek I found the water had gotten considerable colder but lower than last week. It was probably in the low 50's. It was cold enough to make my testicles hurt. But the height was only a few inches above my belly button. Or @ 16 inches below the Serenity pool.
As I went on the trail around the rocks I saw @ 10 through hikers sitting next to the Pacific Crest trail near the source springs there. I got into the Anniversary pool and several through hikers joined me. I learned that they had hiked from a place near Arrowhead called the Pavilion. And woke up in the snow. They were freaked out they said at the contrast after hiking in the heat of Palm Springs. So they had not even got out of their tent till after 10:00 am. They were all very glad to be at the springs. As we talked more through hikers showed up. At 6:30 when I left there were 25-30 through hikers there. I was giving these good people a history lesson @ the springs they were all very interested in what I had to say. I also learned that the springs are 306.6 miles from the Mexican border using the P. C. T. and it is another 45 or 50 miles to the Mcdonalds in the Cajon pass.
When I went around to pick up trash I found @ 30 pounds of glass. Mostly beer bottles, a very heavy vodka bottle, and a wine bottle. So I picked up some of the discarded clothing to keep the bottles from banging around or breaking. As I left I saw way too much trash to be happy.
As I went back up the hill I saw a sheriff's helicopter circling around the Bowen ranch and the Freedom trail head. When I went by the ranch there was a police car parked up there. It made me wonder what was the problem Mike or Burt or anyone else was making or causing ?
No Rowland wierdo at the springs this weekend I'm told. That is the correct spelling of his name I have learned. He has this name tattoed on his back. No wonder he is a nut.
Minus the trash problem and Mike's helicopter it was another terrific day to be at my favorite hot spring :~)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5-23 trip report

jobe1748May 23, 2010 09:14PM

Re: 5-23 trip report

jobe992May 24, 2010 07:46AM

celtfire1000May 24, 2010 10:25AM

jobe977May 24, 2010 11:53AM

kitadrift1052May 24, 2010 12:13PM

Paul P.903May 24, 2010 03:16PM

kitadrift1029May 24, 2010 03:33PM

jobe1683May 24, 2010 08:10PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login