Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

5-16-2010 TRIP REPORT

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 17, 2010 12:37PM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head at 4:45 pm. I jogged to the springs exactly in 14 minuets and 50 seconds with out really trying. I think I can get there in 10 minuets if I try.
As I looked down at my watch to see my time I looked past my watch to see a 3 foot long Mojave rattlesnake. One more step and I'd been in trouble. When I announced the snake to those on the beach, a girl came over and said that was her third snake today. She said " she saw another rattle snake bigger than this one and a baby gopher snake."
The creek level has gone down by 8 inches since last week, and it is almost 70 degrees cool. So the creek level is now @ 10 inches below the Serenity pool.
I went directly over to the Arizona pool to see it is working again. Some body had rearranged the sand bags into a line against the creek flow. It was over 3 feet deep and @ 75-80 degrees near the middle. Just guessing though as I need another thermometer.
Saw some old friends that I have not seen in months and sat and chatted with them.
Everyone seemed happy and were having a good time. When I left I hauled out a 30 gallon bag of trash but could have gotten much more !
There were 2 tents set up and more people with sleeping bags going down the trail as I went up the hill.
Happy soaking !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2010 12:40PM by jobe.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5-16-2010 TRIP REPORT

jobe2094May 17, 2010 12:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login