Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

hot springs trip report Easter Sunday

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 05, 2010 09:30AM
As I have done for the last 4 years I went to the springs to to spend Easter out in the open with God and nature. I started going to the springs in 93 and I have always gone in through Bowen ranch so for the first time ( there has to be a first time for everything ) I came in by way of the Bradford trail, I left the parking area about 8:30 am. where there was 5 cars and had a walk I will remember for a long time, It was a beautiful hike but was not any thing like I was expecting, the trip down took me about an hour as I spent a lot of time just looking around at the views, when I got to the top of the hill where I could see the springs the wend hit me pretty hard and that early I could hear voices coming up from the springs, I went down that last hill and when I got to the bottom my legs were shaking so after a short rest I went down the pct. to the springs and found a nice spot to relax. There were 3 of the villagers there Sue Dog, Josh and his brother and for that time of day a lot of people about 12 and a number of campers and wood smoke was in the air from the campers fires thumbs down
The creek was flowing well and about chest deep and below 50 deg. the rope and tube were there to assist people in crossing ( lot of them would have been dryer if they walked across and not used the tube to cross but it was fun to watch,) there were a number that did not cross and some that just turned around and went back, as the wend blew the chill factor hit home and the air temp was about 58 but the wonderful sun kept me warm. As the day went by more and more people came down and I would say that at the most there were about 35 to 40 people there and they all ( but 5 ) had wet clothing on.
The Arizona pool is just under water and full of sand again and the other pools are all above and usable and they were being used at one time there was over 20 in the Womb and 15 in the upper pool mostly keeping warm. There was not much trash ( I was surprised ) I picked up a bag full to take out and as I was getting ready to go more campers came in with beer and sleeping bags I did not have the hart to tell them that it was going to rain that night I just let them find out on their own,
I don't know how a lot of you people can do it but the trip back out was for me a killer with a good view it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get back to the car and less time to drive the 80 miles back home going down 173 to the 15 which is rather bad down at the bottom.
On the way home I heard about the earthquake but no one at the springs felt any thing I just hope that the earth movement does not effect the springs.
All in all I had a good time there and got in a good soak or 3 Happy Easter smiling smiley Paul-v
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

hot springs trip report Easter Sunday

paul-v1869April 05, 2010 09:30AM

Re: hot springs trip report Easter Sunday

Madrox915April 05, 2010 04:02PM

kingnate2000951April 05, 2010 04:32PM

jobe964April 05, 2010 11:06PM

coyote1527April 09, 2010 11:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login