Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 02-28

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 28, 2010 08:20PM
I used the Bradford ridge trail head today. Because I did not want to cross Deep creek. Hwy. 173 was still gushing water this morning and the big ditches got bigger with this new rain. So IF you want to go up hwy. 173 from Hesperia take a truck or high clearance vehicle. Also the big boulders are still falling from the cliffs above. I drove 5-10 mph the entire trip.
When I got to the trail head I noticed Kinley creek had become deeper than the week before by @ 2 feet. I also spotted a pair of humming birds playing while there. When I got to the water fall it was roaring @ 6 feet out and 10 feet down to the pool below. Made me wish I had brought my camera. This was @ 10:00 am. About 3:00pm the falls were only about 2 feet over the rocks.
It took me 31 minuets to hike to where the fence is and the trail splits. One goes into Family canyon and the other to the Bradford ridge. It took me 14 minuets to get to the springs using Family canyon.
The water has risen almost 2 feet from the week before. The water was up to the Crab cooker pool, which has sand bags around it and is @ 5 inches higher than usual. The outside air temp was 60.9 degrees. This was @ 11:00 am. All temps are from the middle of the pools near their surface.
The Crab cooker was 113 degrees. And very nice to soak in.
The lower pool had too much creek water flowing to soak in.
The womb or big pool was 99.1 degrees.
The anniversary pool was 103.7 degrees.
The creek at the spot just above the Arizona pool was 42.2 degrees. The Arizona pool was completely covered by the creek.
I spent the 1st hour talking to Dave @ h.s. issues. Then the crowd came down the hill as expected. Everyone seemed to have a very good day. @ 50 persons were there when I left at @ 2:30 pm.
Have a good soak !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 02-28

jobe1899February 28, 2010 08:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login