All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 03, 2006 08:17AM
This happened to me last Sunday.
I have been working over time all this year and was hopeing to go to Deep Creek this Memorial day weekend. But have to do chores got in my way. So on Sunday I settled in for a much needed soak at Gold Strike Hot Springs near here in Las Vegas.
As I arrived at the G.S.H.S. parking lot near the trailhead. I was in shock at all of the trash that has accumalated sinse my last visit. I walked around and estimated 4-5 trash bags at the least. I only had 3 bags with me to fill. I determaned to ignore the trash and pick most of it up after my soak. But, as I desended down the trail of more and more trash, I became depressed. Changed my mind and decided to go to Arizona hot springs instead. I had not been there since New years day and it is only another 6 miles away.
As I got to this parking lot I picked up only a few pieces of trash and was looking forward to a nice soak. As I got less than a halve a mile from the parking lot I came across a young Arab couple who was very near heat exhastion. They had got lost and needed water desparately. They were shaking and asking questions like how far to our car? I gave them my warm water first, then gave them some cold Gatoraid. This got them to stop shaking and slowly they began to walk again.
They told me that some one at the springs suggested they go another canyon to hike out on. But he did not tell them about the left turn after one mile. So they had wandered around for 4-5 hours instead, lost. They explained they had each started with one gallon of water but had run out before they got lost.
This all just goes to show: The Lord works in strange ways.
A lot of trash can be a good thing !
Do not listen to strangers advice in dangerous situations.
It is that time of year again be careful every one.
You have to be smarter than your water bottle.
Have a safe soak.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Excessive Heat Warning !

jobe 1050June 03, 2006 08:17AM

Re: Excessive Heat Warning !

LaughingBear 595June 03, 2006 11:13PM

Rick 502June 04, 2006 10:59AM

Rick 593June 04, 2006 11:00AM

Rick 1222June 05, 2006 03:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login