Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 12-31-09 ouch!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 01, 2010 02:44PM
My neighbor and me got to the freedom trail head before 12:00 and expected a crowd of pretty women when we arrived at the springs. My neighbor was disappointed because there was only 2 guys near the shade trees. And another guy in the anniversary pool. I told him the day was not over to just enjoy being at this great place. My words did not help with his anger.
The creek water is @ 11 inches below the dam of the anniversary pool now. The creek temp is still in the 30 degree range. Crossing the creek near the beach it is less than knee height. Because some sand has washed up there from the last storm, I suppose.
I went to the address Wizard provided to find no one home and an empty house, apparently. There was some similar looking trash to that trash on Bowen ranch road. I had intended to pick some more trash up from that site. But this is what happened.
I soaked up some rays on the beach. Then I got my hose out and cleaned the dead algae out of the Anniversary pool. I also cleaned the small pool just below there because it needed it and there were a lot of leafs there. While doing this I got a kink in my hose and a fist sized hole appeared in it makeing it useless. So , I got my knife out to save the bigger half of the hose.
Safety warning: always check to make certain the safety features are engaged before using a knife. I did not do this and almost cut my finger off. I seldom cuss but I yelled very loudly once I realized how much this hurt. Several persons ran to my aid. Only to see @ a gallon of blood squirt all over my body. The bleeding did not stop until I got in the cold creek and applied a lot of pressure on the affected area. It took over 1 hour to get back to the Freedom trail head because if I walked too fast it would bleed again. I figure some debris from the bottom of my pack got into the safety slot, causing it to be in effective.
See why your remarks were very painful Rick?. Even the wisest person in the world can be subject to accidents.Yea ! I know I am stupid.
My Dad used to have a saying ---
"If you are going to be dumb you have to be tough ! I am plenty tough because I am plenty dumb !"
Now I have even more reasons to go back to D.C.H.S.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 12-31-09 ouch!

jobe1528January 01, 2010 02:44PM

Re: Trip report 12-31-09 ouch!

Wizard644January 01, 2010 08:02PM

jobe691January 02, 2010 08:49AM

Wizard633January 02, 2010 12:56PM

jobe666January 03, 2010 06:08AM

Wizard1638January 03, 2010 03:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login