Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

No More Muck on bottom of the Big Pool !

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 30, 2009 04:03PM
I call it Muck because when my daughters were little girls I took them there back in the 90's that is what they called it. You know what she means. That gooey stuff that collects on the bottom , that some persons here have complained about recently. It has been 6 years since it has been this clean. That was the last time I made time to clean it out. So the Muck was compacted and dense and it took me 5 trips of siphoning to get it all out. But last Friday I finally had enough time and patience to get all of the Muck out.
I arrived at the lower parking lot at 5:00am on Black Friday. The sun was only peeking over the horizon so I had to ask myself, when does the day begin ? Not wanting the rangers to give me a ticket. So I took my time loading my back pack and letting the sun rise. As soon as I got there I started siphoning out the pool bottom. I was happy to have the springs all to my self. No one showed up until 10:00am. Two Mexicans with two boys @10 years old. After a while I talked to them @ what I was doing. Then they asked me if I believed in Jesus ? We had an one hour discussion about Him. They said I must be working for Him, I agreed. So they blessed my work in their own way.
After them a guy with his 2 daughters showed up. They were 11 and 7 years old. I told him I used to take my kids there to when they were that age. Now I am taking my grand daughters there. He complimented me by saying I did not look old enough to have granddaughters. He had hiked from the Squints ranch to the springs. He said it was a 9 mile hike. I told him I would like to do that hike too, some day. He was meeting his wife at the Bowen Ranch.
As the day continued many persons arrived and seemed to be having a good time.
I left just before the sun set and drove by that garbage pile. It appeared to be @ the same amount as the week before. But I did not go further and see the pile Wizard mentioned but plan on going back to collect some of this trash soon.
Happy holy days !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

No More Muck on bottom of the Big Pool !

jobe1486November 30, 2009 04:03PM

Re: No More Muck on bottom of the Big Pool !

Paul P.770November 30, 2009 05:09PM

jobe679December 01, 2009 09:03AM

jobe1235December 01, 2009 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login